Checking in!

donnainhouston
on 5/4/10 5:49 am - League City, TX
Well, I was talking with a friend who is considering a revision and I decided to check in after she sent me a link from another thread!

Life for me has been pretty good.  I'm still hanging out at my low weight.  I never made it to goal, but recently found out why -- so I'm hopeful for the future.  Turns out I'm Hypothyroid and have Hyperprolactinemia.  With the later, my body *thinks* it's pregnant without the miracle of life inside me.  How's that for strange?  So my body clings tightly to weight.  It's just crazy in a maternal mode.

I have had some major accomplishments, despite the medical stuff which took a year to figure out.  I did my first Half Marathon and first Olympic Distance Triathlon.  I'm registered for a Half Ironman Distance 70.3 triathlon in OKC this coming September! 

Between training, wok and family I'm keeping busy, well and blessed!

Hope eveyrone is doing great and are healthy!

Donna

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

momofsix
on 6/13/10 3:25 am - Pinckney, MI

Wow Donna!  You rock!!!!  Sorry it has taken me so long to get on here and see your post.... Life has just been crazy busy lately and I knew that the board hasn't been very active so I have not been checking... Just on a fluke I decided to check out the board today and I am glad I did... You have accomplished so much you should be very proud of what you have done... What an inspiration... I have been maintaining my weight but I can barely even walk 2 miles on my treadmill.... LOL.... Guess I need to get back to working out again... I have really been slacking in that area... I would soooo love to do a half marathon some day.... Time will tell.... Keep up the good work....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm late but I'm here
HEATHER B. · 0 replies · 586 views
WOW
katydidit64 · 0 replies · 696 views
Hi remember me
Britt · 2 replies · 743 views
Hi All