Recent Posts

HEATHER B.
on 3/8/14 3:48 am - MANITOWOC, WI
Topic: I'm late but I'm here

Hey all!!! I am late but I am here!  Hard to believe that it's been so long!  I never did make it down to my goal weight but came super close.  I still watch my diet and exercise and have managed to keep all but 40 lbs off.  Unfortunately I gained 25 in 2009 and 15 as of recent due to an under active thyroid but where there is a will there is a way and I will to be back to my 165!  It's still not my "goal weight" but I KNOW I can get there.  Overall I am super happy with my life since surgery!  I am in college now - double major and making honor roll at 37 years old.  It's GREAT!!!

katydidit64
on 11/20/13 4:47 am - north port, FL
Topic: WOW

I just realized that today is my surgiversary... is that even a word LOL.  My surgery was 7 years ago and I am still going strong... no I never made it to my goal but maybe it was unrealistic (at least for my body!)  I did manage to lose 100lbs and keep it off.  Todays reality is needing to get to the Gym more often... Life often seems to get in the way of that commitment.  Anyhow just thought I would drop a line and see how everyone is doing these days!

March 2009 Lower body lift with BA/BL - Cosmed Clinic Dr. F - TJ Mexico
April 2010   Tummy Tuck, Horizontal Thigh lift, Back Lipo/sculpting 
                    Dr. Luque - Mexicali MX

Boooper
on 10/20/13 12:23 am - Fitzwilliam, NH
Topic: RE: Hi remember me

Hi Britt,

I too just stopped by after a long time away. I think that we will always struggle with out weight. Life is busy and we end up making the same bad choices that got us to our pre surgery weights.  What I found reading all the pre/post op posts this morning is to reaffirm why I did what I did and to help re-center myself to make better choices and no matter how tired I am at the end of the day... exercise is required and the reduction of my carb intake too is not an option!

Best of luck with your nursing career! ~Sharon

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you into something else, is the greatest accomplishment. "
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/13 1:49 am
Britt
on 1/17/13 10:14 pm - Long Island, NY
Topic: Hi remember me

Hi everyone,

I just popped on OH and saw a few posts here.

Cece, sorry to hear about your emergency, that had to be scary!!! I am glad that you are OK.  We made out OK with Sandy, but so many were not so lucky here. It was CRAZY and still is for lots of families. You sound like you are doing AMAZING with maintaining your weight! angry and exercising.

I am still struggling wit my weight. UGH UGH UGH! 

My girls and hubby are doing great.

I am in RN school now, finally. I will graduate in May 2014 (can't wait)

I remember when we were all here daily / weekly posting away. Miss you guys :) 

Nothing - tastes as good as it feels -to be at my ideal weight :)    
Lap RNY 11-6-06
at goal 10-6-07 - Attacking my regain 2013
                        Mommy to 3 princesses ~ Wife to Paul

I'm a "before and after" in OH magazine (January / February 2008)

CeCeXercises
on 11/20/12 10:34 am
Topic: RE: Really...over a year since last post

Julie,

In 2 days you'll be having your 6th anniversary! Congrats! Eating bacon or oatmeal these days? LOL! It's so funny what bothers me. I can eat a steak - a ton of steak but give me a piece of toast or a roll and it feels like it sticks in my throat! Rice and risotto, the same. Still, I will give it a try again thinking I will get a different result! Guess I'll never learn! My biggest problem is what it has always been - grazing. If I didn't exercise so much, I don't know what I would do but the holidays and eating out too much are getting me off track and I have to watch myself! Good luck! Hope you got back on track after this post and are doing great. I think we will all struggle at times but it's not quitting that makes the difference! 

CeCe

CeCe K.

CeCeXercises
on 11/20/12 10:29 am
Topic: RE: Hi All

Hi, Corinna! How are you? My sixth year anniversary was the 6th and I didn't even remember it - a friend did! I am holding my weight down (fluctuates a few pounds but between 126 and 131) and am still teaching Spinning, Strength and am a personal trainer. I still don't do great with sugar but sometimes I just do what I do knowing the consequences - DUH! The only issue I've had was a real SHOCKER. In August, I taught, went to coffee with a group then came home and started working but didn't feel well. Ended up throwing up a ton of blood, passing out and was taken by ambulance to the hospital where I had a blood transfusion and stayed for 4 days. I lost 1/3 of my blood and ended up having an IV iron infusion. I had an anastomatic ulcer! I had no idea, no symptoms that I knew of. I had another endoscopy in October and it has not healed completely despite my being on 2 types of medications. Hopefully, when I have the third, it will be gone. Still, after all these years, that was a big shock for me. Are you still singing? Didn't you have PS? Happy with it? I still am even though I do not scar well! Despite the unexpected ulcer, I am still thrilled with my life and in so many ways it seems like longer ago than 6 years, doesn't it? I hope some others will check in. I think of you guys often but every time I've checked, it seems no one is on here. I wonder about Britt with the storm and any others who lived in the area. Give us a real update, Corinna and everyone else! Wanda? Still there? 

CeCe

CeCe K.

corinnaq
on 11/11/12 4:14 am - Woodinville, WA
Topic: Hi All

No idea if anyone ever gets on here anymore.  Looks like no.  But since it's my six year anniversary I thought I'd pop on and say hi!  Hope all are well!!

Britt
on 7/26/12 1:17 am - Long Island, NY
Sandra K.
on 6/21/12 1:10 pm - Westlake, OH
Topic: RE: Really...over a year since last post
You truly are successful at this. I have regained 40 pounds and am struggling to get started backon the weight loss journey. I am inspired seeing your story.

Sandy
rny 11-22-06
242-146-135
sw-cw-goal weight

Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm late but I'm here
HEATHER B. · 0 replies · 587 views
WOW
katydidit64 · 0 replies · 697 views
Hi remember me
Britt · 2 replies · 744 views