my band slipped

jcghall
on 6/17/08 4:40 am - KY
I posted on 5/27 that my band was too tight at 5 1/2 cc. Well my doc removed .33 cc. It felt better, I got a bad sinus infection with oh-so-much drainage. On June 7, all that drainage made me vomit 2-3 times. That started a circle of throw up, band area swelled, whatever I ate made me throw up, etc. That made me call the doc office on Tuesday of last week but was told he wouldn't be in until Thursday. By the time I got there on Thursday, I needed a wheelchair and he said I looked horrible. He immediately took out 2 cc and admitted me to hospital. I had lost 9 lbs in one week - all water weight. So dehydrated, they pushed fluids into me at a fast rate. On Friday, he operated to find the band had slipped so he fixed it. Overnight in the hospital, I gained back 8 1/2 lbs. Came home the next day. Today, my surgeon called my home just to check up on me. How impressive is that! Docs usually don't do much after you leave the hospital. I am amazed! It's back to liquids for 1 week, soft foods for 2 weeks, then regular diet. He did not like the idea that I lived on Phenergan for 2 days to keep from vomiting. He said there's just too much chance of vomiting and aspirating it while asleep. But I didn't know what else to do. His assistant wouldn't give me an appt. (I've found out she got a good talking-to, so I bet she remembers me from now on.) This has been a very hard week, but things are now looking up again. Moral of this story...don't vomit. And if you do vomit more than once or twice, go see your doctor.
Shirley D.
on 6/17/08 9:24 pm - Plaistow, NH
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a hard time. I'm glad you're on the mend. Rest and heal, and please post how you are doing. (((((hug)))))
Most Active
Recent Topics