Aug weigh in..

tenderlovinghugs07
on 8/13/08 2:14 pm - Miller, SD
Hello All I'm cathy and had surgury Nov 7th and I have been doing fine except a hernia that has shown up but it is repairable.. thank goodness I'm now at 168 from my start wgt of 285.. size 12 pants Unreal huh I haven't been in 12s since forever.. My life is so much changed to not being tired all the time to no meds daily anymore.. except vitamins ..I have a little ways to get to goal but I can't tell you how blessed I feel .. let me hear from some of you Nov 07's thanks Cathy
sexyo7
on 8/15/08 4:50 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 11/28/07 with
Hello Cathy I had my surgery Nov 28 start weight 253 day of surgery 249 and today 175lbs seen slow but I am ok it didn't come on over night and I no it wont come off over night either. I am off of all meds expect the daily vitamins also Barbara
Christine D.
on 8/17/08 5:06 am - NY
Hi I am Christine. I had my surgery on Nov. 20 and started at 227 at my first visit. The week before surgery I was 213. Today I am 135-137 pounds. My goal was 144(given to me by the doctor). I am in a size 8/10 pants and small/medium shirts. I know how you feel about the 12s. I was in that size when I graduated from hs 16 years ago. I am actually smaller now than I was then. I am off all meds too except my vitamins. I am so glad I chose to have the surgery, I couldnt have done it without surgery. My energy level is great. I walk every morning and evening. Glad to hear you are doing so well. Christine
Christi P.
on 8/19/08 10:07 am - Mora, MN
I had my 9 month follow-up appt with my nurse clinician today, and all is great. I started back into the wls process at 286, weighed 268 on November 20, when I went into surgery. Today, I weighed in at 169! My goal is 150, so I entirely believe I can lose 19lbs by my surgiversary, though the rate of loss has slowed down. I'm wearing size large, and size 10/12 clothing. It has been a great journey! I feel so good, have had a few moments along the way, but everything has been completely worth it! I'm eating around 1,000 calories a day, 3 meals plus a snack. At my meals, i am eating about 3/4 of a cup of food, sometimes more and sometimes less, depending on the food. The feeling of hunger has returned. Some days I don't really feel it, I guess that's when I am totally on track. Other days it about eats me alive. I've also regained my ability to burp, so the farting prob isn't much of a prob anymore. Thank God for that one! I hate the sagging skin, and the unhappy breasts, but I keep reminding myself that there is a lot of shrinking time ahead of me yet. I'm not sure if I would want plastic surgery. Wait and see I guess. I'm going home for a visit next month, where people know I had the surgery, but haven't seen me since my highest weight. I can't wait! I have this odd desire to buy a great dress and get completely dolled up for my arrival. show off the new curves that are replaces the old lumps and bumps! Hope everybody else is well. Would love to hear your stories!
J. Aguilar
on 8/20/08 3:12 am
Hello everyone =) It's that time again =)~ Well I had surgery on November 26,07 weighting in at 248 Today almost 9 months later: August 20,08 weighting in at 139. Total weight loss of 109lbs. My goal was for me to be at 140lbs and I just pass that by a pound. I would like to loss another 10 pounds. Good luck everyone =) Jenny
Tammy5346
on 8/21/08 9:33 am - Tipp City, OH
Hello, my name is Tammy I had surgery November 28th, 2007 my starting weight was 281 pounds and I currently weigh 166 a total loss of 115 pounds. I still want to lose at least another 16-21 pounds to reach my goal. My life has also changed so much, I have so much more confidence and I can't begin to describe how much better I feel. I also can relate about the 12s! I think I was a freshman in high school the last time I wore a size 12! I currently am having some back problems but hopefully they will get resolved soon, I can't imagine how much worse it would be if I was still carrying around that extra 115 pounds!!?? But aside from that life is so much better than I could have imagined just 9 months ago!!
flo66
on 8/22/08 12:27 pm - Corfu, NY
I'm Flo, I had my surgery on November 5th 2007.  I started at 346 lbs. and I'm at 240 now, a loss of 106 lbs.  My loss is slower than some because I'm limited in my exercise choices due to severe Plantar Fasciatis and Achilles Tendonitis in my left foot.  The good news is I also had problems with my right foot that have almost totally cleared up with the weight loss.  Unfortunately I'll need surgery on my left foot to get that one fixed up, but I'm putting that off as long as possible so I'm not "down and out" completely while still losing weight at a decent rate.

Rebecca R.
on 8/22/08 8:23 pm - APO AE, Germany
Hi! I am Becky.  I had my surgery on November 21st.  I started at 315 and am now at 196.  I have lost 119 pounds so far.  I hit a plateau for the month of July, but am loosing again.  I am so much healthier and loving life!
micbrook
on 8/28/08 4:11 am - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
Hi   my   surgery  was   november 21, 2007   I started at  290  and  am now at  196  would like to see the last   6 pounds  for  100 loss  I  feel  wonderful   and  still have  36 pounds to my  doctors  goal and 16 to my goal

seem to  be grazing more this summer but back to school now  driving school bus so i am  back on schedule.  Have  agreat  day all

Shirley D.
on 8/28/08 5:36 am - Plaistow, NH
Hi Cathy:

I had my surgery the same day as you!  What a wild ride, huh?  I've gone from 251 to 155 and a size 26 to a size 10.  Life is amazing! 
Shirley
"How I respond to challenges says more about me than doing something easy ever will."
Start 251/Surgery 236.5/Current 141/Goal 130
Most Active
Recent Topics