get losing again

KellyC
on 11/4/08 3:39 pm
Does anyone have a reason as to why weight loss has been so slow, I have tried everything, I have lost 128 in this past year, I am 194 need to go 30 more, and scale won't budge x 3 months....Help
Christi P.
on 11/9/08 5:40 am - Mora, MN
I haven't had much happen in the last 3 months, either.  Lost nothing for 2 months, then lost 4 or 5.  I think it has to do with the fact that we can, and are eating more, to keep up with our body needs.  And now we don't have that freebie time to lose weight, where it comes off no matter what, so we have to figure out where our maintenance level is, and what we need to do to keep the weight loss happening (if that's our desire).  I know that now that I can eat more, and now that my appetite is back, daily eating is much more normal, where I have have to pay attention and keep working the lessons I have learned over the past year.  I know that the fact that I've virtually stopped exercising hasn't helped.

It's never too late—in fiction or in life—to revise.   Nancy Thayer

micbrook
on 11/10/08 7:17 am - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
I also  have not    lost  over  5 pounds  in the last three months.   I still am going down or staying the same.   I really have to watch what i put in my mouth  and  do some  more walking and wii fit.
Son has been sick  so  the last  two weeks not much exercise.  But i back on track now.
I  have been watching what goes in  my mouth too  and not  eat  junk.

I still have  28 pounds to lose to get to  doctors   goal. 

have   two weeks before  my dietician  appointment    for my year out.
as long as scale goes down  i wont care if it   .2 of a pound

have a great day all!!!

KellyC
on 11/10/08 5:15 pm
thank You for the info, I thought I would never really have to worry again about losing weight, I think that I am really anxious to get to my goal, I feel pretty good and I am on the same food plan with  no white foods at all, I have to try to remember to drink my milk, but I try to eat all my protiens and veffies, I feel healthier, other than Lately I started having pain in my lower abdomin, not to sure what that is, Will have to wait to see the doctor, thank you for your reply, I think losing 130 pounds so far I want more lol, thanks
Pam T.
on 11/20/08 10:28 pm - Saginaw, MI
I know this response is a little late (haven't been to this board in a while, it seems).  But figured I'd throw my .02 into the ring as well.

My understanding is that it is VERY common for the last 50 pounds or so to come off super slow.  We really have to work hard toward the end and be very diligent with sticking to the plan.  I've heard some long-timers say that it took them as long to lose the last 30 pounds as it did for them to lost the first 130 pounds. 

If the scale isn't moving at all ... and we're no losing any inches at all either... then it usually means we need to make some changes.  Here's a list of questions to ask yourself:

http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2008/09/breaking-stall.html
  • Are you tracking your food intake in a food journal? Is it on track?
  • Are you tracking every single calorie that passed your lips? (flavored water, vitamins, gum, single pieces of candy) Even if you aren't keeping track of calories, your body is!
  • Are you eating too MANY calories?
  • Are you eating too FEW calories?
  • Are you taking in enough protein? 80-100g/day
  • Are the fats you're eating healthy (polyunsaturated and monounsaturated)
  • Are you eating too many simple carbs (bread, pasta, potatoes, sugar, pasta, rice)
  • Are you eating enough fruits and veggies?
  • Are you drinking enough water (water flushes fat toxins from our body)?
  • Are you grazing?
  • Are you eating the right quantity? Measuring and weighting foods?
  • Are you eating on a schedule?
  • Are you exercising hard enough? Long enough? Fast enough?
  • When's the last time you changed your exercise routine? (The body becomes efficient and doesn't burn as many calories after we've done the same thing for 4-6 weeks)
  • Have you added weight training to your workouts? (muscle burns more calories at rest)
  • Are you taking all your vitamins and supplements?
  • Have you started taking any new medications that might promote weight gain?
  • Have you taken your measurements (you might be losing inches even if the scale isn't moving)

Also, here's a great post by DxE that has a ton of information that might trigger ideas in some other areas to break a plateau.

Hope this helps...

~Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Elizabeth36
on 1/3/09 5:50 am - MA
great information, I have to get back on the wagon....thanks Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics