Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/14 11:21 pm - Albany, OR
Topic: RE: problems with low iron levels

It's pretty common.  No amount of protein is going to change low iron if it isn't also high in iron.  I take slow release iron daily and it helps.  Try to take it with something high in vitamin C (an orange, grapefruit, vitamin C supplement...) because vitamin C increases iron absorption.  :)

John W.
on 1/1/10 8:59 am - Near Topeka, KS
Topic: Join us in 2010

Hi November 07 surgery folks,

I'm inviting you to a little group to help those (yes, including myself) who have gained 10 or more pounds beyond that lowest weight. We are calling it the "Drop 10 for 10 Challenge". You can easily join this group by going to www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410. I'm hoping that with your help we can generate a little excitement and enthusiasm for getting back on track. We will have a monthly weighin, but it will only be pounds off since the start of the new 2010 decade. Your participation is only what you want to make it. I'm pumped up and ready to get back on track for 2010.

There are no hard and fast rules for joining, but you really should be at least 10 pounds above your lowest post-surgery weight and interested in getting things back in line.

Let's get this new decade off to a great start.

John Wurm

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

Ica
on 12/4/09 6:23 pm - Anchorage, AK
Topic: RE: Hey Peeps! It's our surgery month!!!
It's been a wonderful, crazy two years!  Down almost half my body weight and feeling wonderful.  Just had my first round of plastics. :)  Surgery was certainly the best choice I've ever made.
Faye S.
on 12/2/09 11:41 pm - Pierre Part, LA
Faye S.
on 12/2/09 11:37 pm - Pierre Part, LA
Topic: RE: just found out im pregnant. surg- 11/12/2007
WOW . . I just read your story . . by now you must have had those beautiful twin girls . . I'll have to go and see if you've posted pictures . . you did great only gaining 22 pounds through the pregnancy . . that's sad about your husband leaving you and you losing your house . . but, like you said, God will find a way . . I hope all is well for you . . I used to post a lot, but stopped --- It was very helpful for me and I will get back to reading posts and posting myself . . I had my sleeve November 12, 2007 . . . I have done great, but would like to lose another 15 lbs. or so . . . looking forward to hearing your update . . FAYE 
FAYE S.
micbrook
on 11/3/09 5:26 am - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
Topic: RE: Hey Peeps! It's our surgery month!!!
Hi  all

I  too cant
believe  we are almost or are  two years out. 
My life has changed   dramatically
i too  dont have to take medicine for  copd and asthma.

I dont take high blood pressure medicine either.
Have  blood work done this week for my  meeting with doctor the  18.

Hope all is fine.  I  am not to goal yet either  but  i AM   happy where i am  and need to  start journalling

take care all  HOpe all is well!!

Patty

JUDY C.
on 11/1/09 2:45 am - Bear, DE
Topic: Hey Peeps! It's our surgery month!!!
Hello my surgery sisters (and brothers)!
Can you believe we are 2 years out from surgery!
It's unbelievable.   For me, my life has changed so much.
I feel so much better.  My asthma was gone the first month, and I had asthma really bad.
Pam T. thanks so much for your wonderful Hot Protein Chai Tea recipe.  This has been a life saver for me.  My pouch can't handle cold beverages.
I'm not at goal but I'm pretty close.  Still loosing weight.  I decided to limit my carbs, up my protein and drink extra water and quickly I dropped 10 pounds!
Take a minute and check in.  I still love this website and check it most everyday.
Take care everyone!
Judy

~Believe in Yourself~

micbrook
on 10/23/09 3:33 am - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
wow   Hopefully by now you have had  two wonderful  twin girls.    I hope all is well and went well with this.

You sound like you are doing great with the  rny.!!!!

So sorry about your misfortunes thos.  But you and your children will survive and  be happier in the end.

Take care and keep us posted.

my thoughts and  best wishes  for you  are in my prayers.

patty

astrogirl1275
on 9/12/09 2:04 am - san diego, CA
a little update for all of you- well im three weeks away from delivery- and acrtaully im having identical twin girls. this preg has been rough on me- very straining physically... i have put on 22 pounds total throu the whole thing- drs seem pleased with my process.
I am a bit of a star over here as- im the first RNY patient to successfully carry twins in my medical facilty im goin to.. every one is very excited- the probs im having are as follows...
still eating limited amounts of food- still have an issue swallowing meats. i still dont eat bread, or most carbs and esp now cant each much more than i did in the early stages of my post op phase...
i get very dizzy as twin b is stuck breech under my pouch, so needless to say i tend to throw up alot..
other than that im ok- emtionally runied as my husband has left me, and i lost my house..
but god will find a way. im just hoping me and the babies will push through ok. one is a little smaller than the other- but thats expected.
im looking forward to hopefully a healthy delivery and some pretty little girls.
anyone else having twins?
Faye S.
on 9/10/09 11:47 am - Pierre Part, LA
Congratulations on the pregnancy . . I had my surgery November 12, 2007 . . but I'm almost 60 years old, so no pregnancy here!!!! Hope you've been able to see a doctor and get some care . . 
FAYE S.
Most Active
Recent Topics