Tummy Tuck Friday

angelpride64
on 6/30/10 8:56 am - IL
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if any of you November 08er's have had a tummy tuck. I am having mine in less than 48 hours. I am scheduled Friday morning at 7am. I was perfectly relaxed until yesterday. Now I am nervous and excited at the same time. I knowit is painful, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
cricket1970
on 7/6/10 9:46 am - NY
I have not had any plastics done. Not really interested..but I wanted to wish you luck. By now you have already had it..so I am hoping you are feeling good. Let us know how you are doing..take care
Amanda Roberson
on 7/10/10 3:58 am - Houston, TX
Wishing you good luck, that for me just financially isn't in the cards right now but who know a few years down the road. Still working on loosing these last 40lbs that I want to get off of me! This is the hard part. Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

151lbs lost since surgery.  36lbs pre-surgery !
Total today is = 187lbs lost !!!

SandieW
on 7/12/10 1:07 pm - Glenside, PA
I remember waking up from my RNY and thinking - NO WAY AM I EVER GOING TO WILLINGLY HAVE MORE SURGERY.  Much as I hate the hanging flab and skin, I can live with it.  Then again, I maybe didn't have as much weight to lose as some.

Hope your surgery went well - let us know how great you look!

angelpride64
on 8/12/10 3:50 am - IL
Tummy tuck was WAAAAAYYYYYY more painful than the RNY, but I made it through. I am 5 1/2 weeks out and things look wonderful. I am really pleased with the scar. It is almost pencil thin, and I can see a 6 pack under the swelling. My surgeon says I will continue to swell on and off for up to 6-8 months, but I am thrilled with how it looks now.

I had several friends say that I needed to see a plastic surgeon, and I did consult a few, however I went back to my bariatric surgeon, Dr. James Kane Jr, and he did an excellent job. He made me feel much more confortable than the PS I consulted with, and best of all, he got my insurance BCBS of Illinois to pay for it all. Not just a panniculectomy, but a FULL tummy tuck with muscle repair. I just got my eob from the insurance, they paid 100% with ZERO patient liability.

If I can figure out how to post pictures without them looking all stretched out, I'll post some progression pics.
Maureen K.
on 3/26/11 1:32 am
 Mine wasn't painfull at all a little discomfort and tight feeling like you can't stand up straight and getting up from a lying down position takes work but it is the best thing I have ever done next to my 
WLS so enjoy. 

CHeers 

MO

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Maureen K.
on 3/26/11 1:33 am
 DO It. 

I did bothe the tummy and the girls in one it wasn't painful the tummy although everyone said it would be worse than the girls but I found it the other way around it has been a year now and my girls still aren't completely pain free.

BUt I am truly happy I did both I feel amazing. 

CHeers 

MO

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Darlene E.
on 9/10/10 5:38 am - Harrow, Canada
Thanks for updating us.
I've been considering a TT as well as arms, and the girls, all in one surgey. I heard it really hurts. Would you do it again knowing what you know now about the pain?
Hope you get those pics up. I'd love to see them.

SINCE MY RNY NOVEMBER 10 2008

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 798 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 760 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1045 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2002 views