Back to Basics

spark
on 7/2/12 3:03 am, edited 7/3/12 12:44 am - NC
 So, I don't know if there is anyone from November 2008 out there...crickets...but I am going to post! I have been gaining and have fallen head first, not just slipped, back into old habits. I'm tired of making excuses and I am getting back to basics. Here are my first three steps:

1) No more drinking 30 before and 30 minutes after meals.
2) Vitamins...take them!
3)  60+ grams of protein per day.

Now, I've got plenty more steps to take, but this is going to get me going for the week. Maybe I'll be ready to add something else next Monday...

Here we go!

Amanda Roberson
on 7/14/12 1:09 pm - Houston, TX
I feel that exact same way I am making a pact to myself that I am going to do this and nothing will stop me. I have gained quite a bit of weight back recently. I know the reasons, same as everyone else... work, life, stress (let me tell you I have had a ton lately).... but no more. I need to take care of me for me and my kids.

Going tomorrow morning with my son, almost 15, who is starting to show signs of obesity and we are going to join 24 hour fitness and get things started!

I will follow up with you and hold you accountable and you do the same for me.. deal?

The hardest thing that I have is getting away from drinking when I eat. It seems so wierd to me and I have always had issues with that. I must say now that I can eat way more then I am supposed to . Maybe when I start not drinking and doing what I am supposed to you think that will change? I am really hoping to get some of the weight back off because I would love to have my arms done sometime in the near future. They hurt as I have really bad bat wings.

151lbs lost since surgery.  36lbs pre-surgery !
Total today is = 187lbs lost !!!

spark
on 7/23/12 10:13 pm - NC
 Hi Amanda. Thank you for responding and I apologize for not getting back sooner, it's been crazy, but it sounds like you understand how that goes! My sister has told me more than once that no matter how thin or heavy I am and how good or bad life gets there is going to be stress and I have to learn to deal with it without food. I think that may be the problem for both of us and I would love to work on it together!

I fell off the wagon last week when I had to go to a 3 day conference and haven't really recovered 100%. Payday is Thursday and I am looking forward to restocking the pantry with some good food and getting back on track! I continually struggle with drinking with meals, getting my vitamins in consistently and currently eating to stay awake. During the summer I work 10 hour days M-Th with Fri off. With my commute it works out to almost 12 hour workdays and I am exhausted! Thank goodness it only lasts about two more weeks!

I did see a good tip online this week that you might like. The post was about our language and food. The author said the most of the time when we struggle with temptation we say "I can't eat that" or "I shouldn't eat that". His/her suggestion was to say "I don't eat that" instead. I actually tried it a couple of times and it really worked! It totally reframed it as a powerful choice instead of focusing on what I am denying myself.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for reaching out!

Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 797 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 759 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1044 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2000 views