First day back to the gym... YAY me!

nu-mi
on 12/1/09 10:02 pm - Gilroy, CA
So I did it! Very impressed with myself, dragged myself out of bed at 4am (I go before my husband leaves for work) and hit the gym for an hour!  It felt great and I felt the difference of having those 52 lbs off! Although I must get my music working so I don't have to listen to those guys grunt and groan when they lift those weights that are WAY to heavy for them! ha-ha!

Amanda
                                   1st Goal Reached May 22nd, 2010      
So ready to continue this journey, so ready to reap all the rewards!    
Barbara1101
on 12/2/09 8:52 am
Good for you Amanda!Tonight I did a work out tape, while its a walking DVD you can do at home, but was only able to do 1/2 a mile. Once I go back to work; we have a gym their, I'm hoping to go the gym everyday on my lunch.
nu-mi
on 12/3/09 12:51 am - Gilroy, CA
Hey Barbara :)

Thanks! I think 1/2 milke at two weeks out of surgery is pretty darn good too! :) Let's keep up the good work!

Amanda
meldave00
on 12/2/09 10:48 am - Rosemount, MN

1 hour at the gym, that's GREAT!!!  Congrats for getting back to the gym!    That's great!  Now just find some good tunes & you'll be on your way!

~Melissa~  

nu-mi
on 12/3/09 12:54 am - Gilroy, CA
You got that right, Melissa! I downloaded an App to my blackberry, called "Pandora" it's fabulous, you put in a favorite band or favorite song and they tailor a "radio station" to your specific likes, it's amazing!  I don't know how they do it, but I'm very thankful to those smart techy people because I loved it this morning, made my workout much more pleasant!

Hope you are having a good day,
Amanda
willow972
on 12/11/09 1:24 am - Ontario, CA
I'm heading back to the gym Monday because it's just too dark and cold by the time I get home from work to head out for a walk around the neighborhood.  So I'm going to be dragging myself out of bed at 4:00am to get to the gym and get a 30 minute treadmill or elliptical trainer session in before work at 6:30am.  Good thing, my gym is half way to work, so I can leave the gym by 6am and still be to work on time.  I'm really looking forward to heading back to the gym but I'm really ready to get back to the weights and toning exercises.  Hopefully the Dr will allow me to do that after my appt with him next week.  First fill for me in my band. 
nu-mi
on 12/20/09 9:42 pm - Gilroy, CA
Good luck, Willow :) Hope all goes well!  I tried the 4am thing for 2 weeks but I was just soooooooooooo tired by the end of the day, so started going when my husband gets home from work and feel MUCH better! :)  I chase a 22 month old around all day so a 4am start time was just a little much for me. haha.  Maybe once I start back at work around the first of the year!

Amanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1846 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 841 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 864 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1230 views