How is everyone doing on their weight loss?

Kim O.
on 1/13/10 9:44 pm - Winchester, KY
My surgery was 11/18 and I was just wondering how everyone else was doing.  I am finally up to 40 lbs lost since my surgery.  I have had a few weeks of stalls.  I did start excercising yesterday.  I haven't had any problems with food or getting sick. 

How are you doing?

laurie R.
on 1/14/10 1:25 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
HI, well I had RNY on 11-10-09. I have not had a bad time either. thank goodness. I can't eat chicken or salad. I have tried 4 times and have lost the battle. It went in and with in an hour came back out. I have also throw up while coughing (chocking on water. it went down the wrong pipe) that was odd.
I had one stall about two week out of surgery. I slow way down on losing when it is period time, thank goodness those are coming regularly now
I still don't feel I always got the program down. Not getting in all my fluids on some days. vitamins, medications, food. Some times I feel it is consuming my whole day. Do you ever get this way?
I will never, not love the decision to get this done.  I feel good. Some days I think I'm thinner than I am because of the weight loss amount and good feel of my mind ,Sprite, and body. Some days I think I'm looking like a super model. I love that.
I don't take out as many things with my butt or hips. Oh yes I have lost my butt and chest. I will miss them. I went from a firm 46 d to a not so firm 42 c'ish squish. I can feel my butt bones. I sure that is why thin people are cranky. Their butts hurt.. I find I'm cold regularly. that is new, I have never been cold this long before. more of the skinny person cranky thing.
But seriously, I have seem so much change in my world . Some expected most not. I is a great ride to have gotten on. . Cheers to you for taken the ride. Any Thing you have found odd or different in your journey? I did read a article. It what went some thing like this. " I will no longer allow my body to be a punching bag of destruction due to my dislike of others view of my life. I will not allow my self, to abuse my self, in exchange for emotional distress of which, it is usually in response to others opinion of me. I am worth more than than that. My body is the way I move in my world and I want to to shine as Britte as it can. I don't want to be perfect. I want me to see me, as great and kind to the keeper of my soul. If I don't who will?
Laurie                     
JamieRN
on 1/15/10 2:50 am - Wyandotte, MI
I had RYN on 11-10-09 and since 11-1-09 I have lost 65 pounds exactly! But let me tell you I have had issues!! I only just started taking my vitamins regularly on Tuesday, I switched to swallowing all my pills now...Thank god! I have been back to the hospital 4 times since surgery & had a stricture 3 times, so bad one of the times that i was closed so tight I could barely swallow my own saliva!! Talk about miserable! My last stricture w/ EGD & dilation was 12-23-09 and since then I have been feeling pretty good! I in NO way eat my 60 grams protein per day, I hardly eat anything even though I try. Me & chicken=NOT friends, eggs are even worse w/ me, make me sooooo sick everytime I eat them. I cannot find a protein shake other than on DIRECT.COM that I like and for 7 shakes its 10 bucks! I just cannot wait to be like a year out or whenever it is that you can sit down w/ the family and eat a meal that looks normal in size, not 3 bites and feel like your so full your going to puke!! I seem to get food stuck quite a bit! It sucks & when Im hovered over the toilet & feeling like crap is the only time I regret my decision, all other times I dont regret it one bit!!! Well enough venting....LoL

Live life for today & tomorrow NOT yesterday!!
Mom of 2 crazy boys!!    
lesleyhpr08
on 1/17/10 6:47 am - Lexington, SC
mybadof4
on 1/17/10 10:46 pm - De Pere, WI
RNY on 11/09/09 with
My surgery was 11/09/09  I am down 62 lbs since I started my pre-op diet.  I did have proplems with my gallbladder so I had that removed on 12/18/09  So I was unable to eat or drink to much of anything for awhile.
 Mary       
HW 238 SW 215 GW 135 2nd GW 125 CW 120 
nu-mi
on 1/20/10 10:24 am - Gilroy, CA

Hey Kim! :) Glad to hear all is going well, doing well on this end too, thankfully. I had surgery 11/3, I'm down 30lbs from Pre-Surgery and 52 since my surgery date, so a total of 82 lbs! I'm so grateful for this surgery! I feel really good, my energy is all back plus some, which is good for running after my almost 2 year old daughter!!! I struggle with getting all my fluids but I typically can get at least 40 to 50 oz a day, which is good enough for right now, I try to take in more everyday. I've recently changed over to chewable vitamins and chewable calcium which has made my vitamin routine much easier for me to handle. What kind of protein is everyone getting in? I'm at one protein shake a day and then try to get the rest in by eating, typically I'm getting 60 to 70 grams a day. I can eat pretty much anything, I haven't tried fast foods (want to stay faaaaaaaaaar away from those, big time trigger foods for me.) and I haven't eaten certain things I just don't think I'm ready for but I haven't gotten sick so far -knock on wood- and I'm just taking things slow and enjoying it!

Laurie- I so hear you about the “girls" I have gone from being a full DD to a small C and it's sorta sad... :) Nothing a little plastic surgery can't take care of once I'm done with my weight loss! That's just me though! I have never had happy perky “girls" and I intend to after the weight is gone and I've had one more child, hopefully. :) I also know what you mean about feeling like my whole day revolves around water, vitamins and protein, at the beginning it really felt like that to me but everyday is better! :) And you know, we are worth it!

Jamie- So sorry to hear about the strictures... EGD's do not seem like a whole left of fun, let alone dilation (I'm a Per Diem same day surgery RN and I always dread the EGD's just, look so uncomfortable, even with versed and fent.) EGD's! So sorry you are going through that!!! Hope everyday gets better for you!

Lesley-I hope you start feeling better soon. I hope your surgeon and/or nutritionist is working with you regarding getting you “prepared" it's never too late, even if you've had the surgery. I can't imagine how hard it would have been if I hadn't really mentally got ready for all the changes to come. Keep us updated!

1st Goal Reached May 22nd, 2010      
So ready to continue this journey, so ready to reap all the rewards!    
lesleyhpr08
on 1/20/10 12:09 pm - Lexington, SC
Butterfly415
on 1/22/10 6:35 am - BaY aReA, CA
Hi all,

Im doing great! So far Im down a total of 58 lbs! =)
I follow my surgeons rules and so far no dumping for me (hope it stays that way!).

Good Luck to you all

Diana

εїз Butterfly415 εїз     

Highest 331/Surgery 313/Goal 165

MaMa_Dee
on 1/23/10 10:01 am - Charlotte, NC
Hey...new to this forum...didn't even know I could talk with mostly all people who had surgery around the same time as me. This is great!!! I had surgery on 11/23 and have lost 36lbs. I just came off a 4WEEK stall. I had lost 71lbs before surgery. I just hope it'll start coming off steadily for a while again.

bustedflat137
on 1/24/10 1:32 am - Moorestown, NJ

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  I had my surgery on 11/17 and have lost about 40lbs. I have had some issues as well.  I found that I can't drink anything cold because it causes pain in my pouch.  I'm having a very difficult time forcing myself to take my vitamins.  I started on chewable calcium which is great but the vitamins, I'm having a hard time getting down.  I had chewable vitamins but I couldn't tolerate the taste of them and they made me gag.  Everything I eat causes an aching pain in my stomach, it lasts for about an hour after eating and then it's gone.  My hardest time is in the morning.  That first bit of food really hurts by stomach.  Eggs make me sick, I'm not sure what it is about them.  I found that around 5pm is the only time I can tolerate food and my stomach doesn't hurt.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Does anyone else have any similiar issues as well?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1853 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 845 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 869 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1234 views