Need some advice

jgmccann8704
on 5/9/10 3:56 pm - Vancouver, WA
I got RNY surgery November 30th 2009, I have been doing well i believe on the weight loss I am down over 100 lbs! I am still having a hard time making myself take the vitamins! But that is a work in progress. Along with that getting in the necessary liquids a day is taxing! but I drink and drink and try to increase day by day.

My problem is protein, I try to get enough protein in from food alone because I have yet to find a protein shake or any protein supplement that I can stomach. they are too sweet or too thick.

My problem is my hair is falling out really bad, every day handfuls of my hair are falling out and I used to have REALLY thick hair and it is freaking me out! I know its because I need more protein but is their a vitamin that will help aid in hair growth?

I have yet to find a bald spot but I keep freaking out about it and my family says it isn't as bad as I think it is but again like I said I am freaking out!

If anyone has went through this, or going through this please help me out! Thanks
Laura Rosario
on 5/10/10 3:39 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
protein is key but i have also heard that biotin and iron help. but i would check with my dr before taking anything.  and remember your going to notice more hair loss than anyone else will. i have had some hair loss but nothing major.  i still do two protein shakes a day, with that alone i get 60grams in. i would say try to find a protein suppliment its very important.  some websites sell sample sizes so u dont have to be stuck with a big tub if you dont like it.  good luck!

Tonya75
on 5/13/10 11:22 pm - IL
Hi there!

I feel your pain! I have been taking Biotin, and Zinc for my hair. It doesnt stop the hair from failing out but it helps the new hair coming in.

I have been taking it for about 4 weeks now, and have notice the diffrence with the hair shedding.

I was also told that the hair shedding has to take its course. Some folks get short styles, but i just keep my hair wash and conditioned.

Good luck to you!
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

laurie R.
on 5/23/10 12:51 am - Colorado Springs, CO
HI, well i don't have alot of hair to start with, but around 3 to 4 months the whole top of my head fell out. I am not kidding. I freaked out only made it worse. So I decided to start on biotin and zinc. Since then the hairs on the top of my head are growing back.
Stress and all other items do play havoc on your head. So, my advice is add these two vitamins and work on lowering your stress. It Will run its course and be back. Hope this helped. give a yell if u need more information of how to be bald and not cry?lol Take care.
Laurie                     
Brenda S.
on 6/14/10 7:31 am - Champlin, MN

I have been drinking the Nectar protien mixes.  Most of them are very good.  I really like the cappachino flavor, my 14 year old daughter is even drinking that one.  They aren't very thick because you can mix them with either water or milk, I use water most of the time.   They come in a variety of flavors.  I also take biotin, I'm not so sure that's doing much, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. 

Navywifey09
on 6/16/10 2:47 am - Denver, Co/ Jacksonville , NC
Along with my vitamins I take Biotin which is gives skin/hair/nail support.
HW- 350+/SW- 321/CW- 187/GW- 150
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Second Birthday tickers    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1852 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 845 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 869 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1234 views