Help me!!!!

Barbara1101
on 6/27/10 8:55 pm
I had my surgery November 16th and at first everthing was going great. Now 7 months out I'm down 70 pounds and havent lost anything else in 2 months. So today I go to weigh myself  and i,m up 3 pounds.what the h**l I now where i'm going wronge it with the snacking and not working out. Can someone please help me fighure out how to get back on board. I'm really swcared and dont want to losse at this battle.
crystalLL
on 6/29/10 10:25 pm - Hemet, CA

My doctor told me that you should only eat 3 meals a day, no snacking!  LOL!  I know its hard to do, but you have to really try harder. You have come so far, so I know you can do it.  What are you eating and snacking on?  Also if you can exercise just 15 mins 3 days a week, its a start.  Make yourself do it. 

CRYSTAL LL    HW 357 SW 343  GW 175 (almost there)                                  
Laura Rosario
on 6/30/10 2:17 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
this is how my day looks:

7am meds and multi vitamin
8am breakfasxt
10am protein shake
11am calcium
12pm lunch
2pm calcium
3pm protein shake
4pm calcium
5pm dinner

in between i do my liquids of at least 75oz a day (i get dehydrated easily)

we are almost 8 months into our honeymoon phase...that means we only have left 10-16months left before we really really need to work hard. Dont give yourself snacking options. pre pack your food for the day and dont touch anything outside what you have packed. i also prejournal my days. if its not already written down i dont eat it.  exercise is soooo important it will really get things moving. good luck!

bjmcc83
on 7/1/10 3:36 am - Orrtanna, PA
I know exactly how you are feeling!  I've been going through pretty much the same thing.  Here's my approx. weight stats

Nov  1st- pre op 240
Nov 12th-surgery day 228
Dec-210
Jan-199
Feb-190
March-183
April-180
May -182
June-176

So, I was doing fairly well up until March.  Then it was just like a dead stop!!!  Between april-beginning of june I hovered around 180.  (going as high as 187 and as low as 179).  Then in the beginng of june I went to a support group meeting and at the end talked to the nurse told her my problem.  She said it was fairlly normal to stall like this and I should just focus on my foods.  Keeping my carbs low ( I know that is a huge issue for me) and trying to get enough protein.  Low and behold I dropped about a pound a day for the next few days!  That dropped me to 175 as of right now.  That little weightloss has really motivated me to pay attention to what i'm doing!  I'm really focusing on getting my workouts in (i'm doing the C25K) and making sure i'm drinking enough.  I still can't get myself under 50g Carbs per day but, i'm working at it.  Stay postive.  Keep us updated and let us know when it moves!!!  (in the right direction anyway!). 

Barbara1101
on 7/2/10 12:27 am
Thank you everyone for the great advice. I really needed to hear it. I,m going to try back on my protein drinks and see if that will help me. Also ur right about snacking on the carbs in between meals, I need to watch that.
crystalLL
on 7/13/10 3:04 am - Hemet, CA
Just wanted to see how you are doing?  It is so hard, but we all have those ups and downs. LOL!

CRYSTAL LL    HW 357 SW 343  GW 175 (almost there)                                  
shannon203
on 7/17/10 1:16 am
Hi Everyone,
I am guilty of doing the same thins( increasing the carbs, snacking...) Thanks for helping me get back on track.

Surgery Date 11/17/09
laurie R.
on 7/20/10 5:50 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Oh thank goodness. I thought I had lost my mind. Well, I have been doing this 3 lbs stall since the end of May, up and down by 3lbs.Grrrrr, Have I been as good as before? no.
I was about to trow in the towel. Thanks for the encouragement.
Please keep it coming to those of us who need it the most. We gotta stick together. I went from losing about 8lbs a month to nothing.
Please Post if you get going again.
Laurie                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1850 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 844 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 866 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1234 views