10 months how we doing????

Medicfem
on 9/19/10 7:38 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
Hey Novemeber 2009 people!

ITs 10 months how we doing?
Me... I had a a blockage caused by adhesion repaired back in May. They keep upping my dose of thyroid due to absorption issues.
I have lost 139 lbs along with my boobs! LOL

Whatcha eating? I am still devoted not to eat carbs in traditional ways for me ie. bread and pasta. But i have fell into a love of 100 cal. popcorn bags! once every 2 days addiction?

I can eat anything now within reason and or course size limitations... still chew chew chew. Love a good salad.

I still do 3 protein shakes a day. Started making my own protein receipes to hide extra protein from the hubby. Yep my pinto beans last night had fage yogurt  and any whey blended into juice mixed in! Muhahaha! He thought it was cheese! Protein muffins for desert anyone?

Good Luck People!

Penny the Paramedic        
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/10 6:12 am
Thanks for starting this post!  I always forget to check this forum!

I have officially lost 100 lbs.  The weight loss is going slowly now but I'm ok with that.  Now that I have passed my surgeon's goal of 165--I have set a personal goal of 131.  This is smack in the middle of a healthy weight goal for my height.  All this being said, I actually liked the look of my body better when I was 20 lbs heavier.  I have a chest of a 13 yr old boy due to a BR that I had done in 2003.  Thank goodness for Victoria's Secret Miraculous Push Up Bra.

*knock on wood* I have not had one single complication.  I can now pretty much eat anything but have not touched any type of sugar or soda.  I am too scared to and I'm fine with fear preventing me from going back to bad habits.

I also like the 100  cal popcorn bags--they keep me "regular"!!  LOL

I am drinking one protein shake a day to take with my vitamins which I am very good about taking daily.  I have also documented all food that I consume in fitday--this is essential for me since I tend to be a grazer.

I need to improve:
-water consumption
-Increasing daily exercise
-adding back two more protein shakes

Congrats and best wishes to all,
Kelli
joan2000
on 9/23/10 8:29 am - Wyoming, MI
Good to hear you are doing so well - I am doing ok. I have lost 80 lbs, lost them all in the first 5 months and haven't lost a lb since. Very frustrating. I am hungry all the time, so usually eat more like 1500 cals, not the 1000 cals I am supposed to. I can't stand being hungry all the time! I still don't tolerate fresh veggies, but was never a salad eater anyway. I haven't had a protein shake since month 3, I think - I am totally on real food. I didn't like and didn't need the extra protein, and I was told to get off liquids all together. No soup, no shakes, not anything loose - just solid stuff. Hmm, different philosophy, right? I eat the vitamins and calcium, it was a bit of a shock for me to learn about all that at 6 months, but I have adjusted. I have no problem with the protein, usually getting 70-90 gms/day. Hair loss is down at least, I understand most of us have thinned out a lot, but at lest we didn't go bald, right? Also a shock to me to learn hair would thin. I have been told by some that the surgeon I worked with leaves a wider opening than some, probably why I haven't been as sucessful as you getting weight off. I go to the gym faithfully at least 3 times a week and feel great, but wish I could take off another 50 lbs. I am at about 200 or slightly under. I have my yearly follow-up on Nov 4, so will ask some questions then. I have a friend who is having sclero to tighten her opening, and I would like to ask about that - anyone heard anything? They say usually done 1-3 years after the initial procedure, done in endo and is very effective getting the "tool" back. I feel like I got gyped in some ways, because I was hungry at week 3, I never get "full", and I tolerate sugar really well. I tell myself I don't tolerate high fat stuff, and I haven't tested it, so I will keep believing that. I haven't tried bread or rice, but I tolerate pasta about once a month. Would be nice to get those things, it would help not to be so dang hungry all the time. Anyway, I am doing ok, but can't say I am a raving success. Anyone else not doing as well as they would like?  
Laura Rosario
on 9/25/10 4:07 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
i am down 139lbs also!! feeling amazing finally back to work. keeping up with my protein and liquids is hard now that im working so i have had to tweak my schedule a bit.  loving my results so far couldnt be happier. the only thing i still cant eat is chicken!!! Oscar (yes i named my pouch Oscar bc its always grumpy!) just will not tolerate chicken oh well i eat lots of fish!! lots of protein in everything i eat!

Rebecca G.
on 9/28/10 2:51 am - Wilmington, NC
I have lost 185. I think I've finally come to a good habit with protein, where I can get it all in a day without thinking. I still have days where I don't want to drink very much, but I can usually force myself to get it all in.

I'm struggling with caffeine. I allow myself a sugar free cappuccino when I'm working at the hospital (one day a week) because they (strangely enough) have amazing coffee. The real problem is unsweet tea from McDonalds. I have to get myself off of it!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1851 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 844 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 868 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1234 views