one year mark month.

laurie R.
on 11/3/10 1:49 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi , Novembers this is the one year mark for many and new for others and years for others. Any thoughts to share? I am glad i did it, was it easy? no. would i do it agasin ? yes.
So thoughts I went for a walk and then thougth I might jog, so I did, I did, then stopped when I realized i need better bladder control. LOL, but I did it, not great at it ,BUT I DID IT. im stuck between 2 cloths sized. upper part of body is in the regual size area, the lower is stuck in plus ize shop. I had to admit i had some issue not going to the plus size area. why? I spent some time on this. I decided it was safe, I know where and what to get, the regualr sizes are hit and miss. uggghhh, too much work. lol. So, if thats the worst of my life, life is good.
Any hooo, share please, we are our own support system. i love to here and read all our thoughts.
Have a great Day kids. Laurie
Laurie                     
crystalLL
on 11/8/10 8:29 am, edited 11/12/10 2:47 am - Hemet, CA
Fist I want to say..CONGRATS to you!  You have made it this far.  You made the first step, by wanting to make positive changes in your life and that right there, is wonderful and you should be very proud of yourself!

For me....I have lost over 100 pounds in less than a year.  I never thought that this would happen.  There are so many things that I could never do that we take for granted.  I can cross my legs( my husband loves that), I can get in an airplane seat without a flight attendant asking me if I need an extension.  I don't have to worry about if I sit in a chair if it is going to break.  I can shop in the misses sizes now.  My bones do not hurt when I walk up the stairs.  My feet have even shrunk.  I have big feet, so I really thought that would never happen! LOL! I still have a ways to go, but each day, I am closer to my goal.  I feel so blessed that I have gone through this journey.  I wish I had done it sooner.  I want to help people and I am working on doing some things at my job with our fitness group to motivate people.  I have some before and after pictures that I can not even believe its me!  But it is.  I am so thankful.  I looked in the mirror the other day and could not believe it was me.  I broke down crying.  I have not looked at myself like that in a long time.  My co-workers call me Crystal Lite! 

This site is amazing and I have made some truly good friends.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 

CRYSTAL LL    HW 357 SW 343  GW 175 (almost there)                                  
slimminitdown
on 11/10/10 9:12 am - TN
Congrats ladies!!!!!!!!!! I'm not for sure why but people don't seem to want to post in this forum because I check it often. Anyhow this past year has been so amazing for me. I started out on this weight loss journey in Oct. 2008 when I went to my first information session, at 5' 10" and a whopping 350lbs with a %body fat of 57%. My insurance required that I lose 10% of my highest weight prior to surgery 35lbs. I lost 49lbs prior to surgery which took me about 11 months with the help of my bariatric centers npr who put me on a 1200 calorie diet, plenty of exercise and 70grams of protein a day. Surgery weight was 301lbs 1yr post-op I have lost 147lbs bringing my total weight loss to 196lbs. I have learned not to focus on the scale but my overall body composition as well as inches. My %body fat is now 22.1% and my excess fat mass went from 197lbs to 35.5lbs. I've actually managed to gain 5lbs of muscle. I am enjoying all the little successes and big. I ran my 1st Half Marathon (13.1miles) in 2hr46mins30secs, I wear a size 4 pants at Old Navy or a size 3 pants at Walmart.....I've never been in a single digit before surgery I was in a size 26W pants. I am so thankful for my rny and consider myself fortunate because I have not had any complications and have yet to experience any vomiting or nausea.
crystalLL
on 11/12/10 2:58 am - Hemet, CA
That is awesome!  A marathon...YOU ROCK!  KUDOS to you?  SO what's your next journey?

CRYSTAL LL    HW 357 SW 343  GW 175 (almost there)                                  
slimminitdown
on 11/14/10 10:37 am - TN
I am about to start the P90X workout series. and competing in some 5K runs..afterwards I will begin training for my second half marathon which will most likely be in the spring. I am 3lbs away from the 200lbs lost status so I'm working on that as well. Gotta keep it moving.
Laura Rosario
on 11/10/10 10:25 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
One year ago today I took action to change my life and boy has it! GBS 11/11/2009 staring stats: 350lbs BMI: 60.1 One year later stats: 205lbs BMI: 35.2 that's a loss of 145lbs and 24.9BMI points!!To goal: 60lbs and 11.2 more BMI points!! the first 6 months i spent in and out of the hospital but compared to being morbidly obese it was a small price to pay. i would do this again in a heart beat. the only regret i do have is not doing this sooner.  my next goal that i hope to hit within the next week i****ting ONEderland!!! i have NEVER in my teen/adult life been in ONEderland i am very much so looking forward to it :)

Tonya75
on 11/10/10 11:19 pm - IL
Hi Everyone,

I too, am a NOVEMBER 2009 DS Baby!

I am so thankful for this surgery. I can now look in the mirror and say "DAM SHE LOOKS GOOD"

I have lost a WHOPPING 172lbs! I am sooo thankful, for this board! If I had not discovered it, I would of never known about the DS surgery. WE all have our reasons why we choose our specific type of surgery.....WE wanted what was best for ourselves.

I am still thankful, for Dr. Alverdy, and his staff for their EXCELLENT continued care for me.

My next stop is praying I lose another 30-40 lbs....BUT if I DONT LOSE ANOTHER LBS...........I WONT BE UPSET!

Thanks for your continued support OH friends! Good luck to you guys in the future, and I cant wait to hear of more updates to come!

DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

ShrinkingCera
on 11/11/10 10:45 pm
 I had my surgery in Nov. 209 as well.  I had lost about 120 pounds prior to surgery.  I started my total journey at around 645 pounds... it may have been higher than that, but that was the heaviest recorded weight.  

I have lost 200 pounds since my surgery.  A total loss of 325 pounds in 2 years!  I am still weighing above 300, which I hope to be under for the new year, but I am working hard at becoming a better me above all else.  

I was able to ride in an airplane for the first time in decades, I now no longer need the extension and can put the tray down in front of me!  It is still a bit of a tight fit, but I do not feel like I am intruding on someone else's space.  (And I dont need to purchase two seats!!)

I am walking more and more, I even caught myself running in short bursts the other day!   I am wearing a size 2x or smaller on top and a 3x still on bottom.  I have my stomach surgery planned for mid Jan where the "apron" of skin I have will be removed.  Hopefully this will let me exercise better , and help me to feel more normal.  As you can imagine, from 645 pounds, there is a LOT of excess skin.  This is stage one of a 3 part process... so for that I am a bit scared.  

Would I do this again!?  In a heartbeat.  I recommend it fully to everyone I know... and even though it was not the easiest thing to go through, and I still have difficult days with food... I feel much more in control of my life and destiny!!

Well, happy new year to all of us who got our second chance this month, a year ago!!  I am proud of all of us!!

-Sarah

Rebecca G.
on 11/12/10 12:41 am - Wilmington, NC
 WOW! Excellent job! Congrats :)

Rebecca G.
on 11/12/10 12:44 am - Wilmington, NC
 My anniversary was 11/2. I would ABSOLUTELY do it again! This has been the greatest experience. I have never had any kind of self esteem and for the first time in my life, I actually feel pretty good. It's the little things too...I went to an NHL game last night and #1-wasn't afraid of getting stuck in the rotating thing at the door and #2- I had all kinds of room in my seat! It was awesome!

Last November, I was 380 pounds and a size 28.

Now, I am 182.5 and a size 8.

I love my RNY!

Now I just need some snipping and tucking....and new boobs!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1846 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 841 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 864 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1231 views