Recent Posts

supernurse43
on 1/5/12 5:33 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
Topic: RE: Petersen's Hernia

Those were my symptoms as well!!!   My doctor just called it a herniated bowel obstruction that needed immediate repair.  He said he removed 12 feet of bowel.  Continue to get tests and even have an open exploratory surgery to make sure, is my recommendation.  This is a life threatnening condition. 

Barbara

Tonya75
on 9/27/11 11:53 pm - IL
Topic: RE: Where is everyone???
Hi there!

I am doing good..No plastics yet, nor do I plan on having any. 1 surgery was enough for me, although I didnt have any complications.

I have lost about 206 lbs. I am thankful for that!

I did lost about 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks, not sure what that is contributing to...

I dont check OH often, but if anyone would like to reach me you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Hope things are well for you!
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

meyers8473
on 9/25/11 4:53 am
Topic: Petersen's Hernia
I had the Roux en Y 11/2009, revision 04/2010 due to ulcer then exploratory 11/2010, they repaired the ventral hernia that was repaired before, removed scar tissie and endometriosis. I have been in pain every since I have had ct scans x-rays, MRI ultra sound and severl EGD's they are all normal, The last few months has been bad . I have awful abdominal pain sometimes worse after eating, can't have a normal BM without straining. I have been reading up on the Petersens' hernia as I have lost 140lbs. Has anyone experienced this? PLease share.

Thanks
Wendy Meyers Michigan
designera
on 8/23/11 8:58 am
Topic: Where is everyone???
Just wondered now that we are close to our 2year mark, where everyone is at?? How is everyone doing? Any plastic surgeries yet? I was denied for my procedures so I have to appeal but what a long process!

Autumn

Forever greatful for a second chance!     

allikat1993
on 12/24/10 5:22 am - Canada
Topic: I year anniversary
Well I am 1 year and 1 month post surgery and I have lost 142 lbs.....I have never felt so good and so healhty. Now I need to find a surgeon so my daughter , who is 17years(18yrs August) can feel this good. She wants the lapband too scared for the Roux en Y.

slimminitdown
on 11/29/10 10:57 pm - TN
Topic: RE: 9 months post-op total weight loss 180lbs
Thanks Sarah, You should check out my more recent post. My life has truly changed and I pray that yours will continue to change as well.
ShrinkingCera
on 11/28/10 10:25 pm
Topic: RE: How is everyone doing?
 So far this last year has been crazy for me!  I lost about 120 pounds before I even had the surgery.  This was largely in part to the fact that I was bed-ridden with a broken knee for about 4 months.  I keep that experience as a reminder -  I NEVER want to go back to those feelings.  Most people do not get as big as I had been.  I was almost 650 pounds! (I know I was probably over this but 645 was the highest recorded).  I have lost 210 pounds in this last year.  I still have about 160 or so to lose.  I have dumped on some of the silliest things, and been able to eat crap that I know I shouldn't be touching.  I also am struggling with carbs... but thats mostly at night time.  Those habits are dimishing... but not fast enough.  I will have my first plastic surgery in Jan - panniculectomy  or however thats spelled.  As you can imagine, the amount of skin I have is really really getting in the way of feeling normal and being able to exercise.   The doctor estimated that just skin I have about 40 pounds all over that can be removed.  That is CRAZY to me!  I had a stall of about 2 months where even my cycle was acting funky.  My mind has not caught up to my size.  I wear a size 22/24 and its crazy when I pick up the jeans I KNOW I can wear-  I still am thinking... these are too small, I wont fit into them!
So my next mini goal is to be under 300 for the next year.  I have sprinkled my year out with many mini goals... one being to reach that 400 pounds lost mark by my birthday next Oct.  My journey is still going... but the support from this site is sooo important!  I am glad I found it!  

Hope this finds everyone well, 
Sarah

ShrinkingCera
on 11/28/10 10:10 pm
Topic: RE: 9 months post-op total weight loss 180lbs
 You look amazing!  What an inspiration you are!  I hope this next year I will be able to add exercise to my routine!  You are doing an amazing job!  

-Sarah

laurie R.
on 11/23/10 3:00 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: yes it is the first Thanks giving I can try something other than broth.
Good Morning Kid,
Let talk about Thanksgiving plans, foods Recipes to share,helpfull ideas, silly ideas, 5 most thankfull ideas . Please do, Keep us gabbing and sharing our journey. We do need each other to be a successfully. I do!!!!
Thankful List.
My Heavenly Father
My family and friends
My Desire to be a better person than before
MY sugar free cookies.
My team of health care persons for changing my life for the better.
Laurie                     
laurie R.
on 11/23/10 2:48 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: one year mark month.
Hey kids, thanks for your post, I love to see everyones journey and energies and supports. We truly rock. we are blessed bunch of people.  Now lets talk Thanks giving.
Laurie                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1851 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 844 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 868 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1234 views