Surgery 1wk ago- Anyone smell things differently?

Angelsqueak
on 11/16/10 12:17 am - katy, TX

So glad I had the surgery while it's cool outside. No sweating on the surgical sites and it gives me time to work up the amount of fluids I can take in. Anyone else glad they're getting their surgery done before the holiday binge?
Most of the painful burping is gone...Whew...Ok onto the intense smells...does anyone else whose had anykind of WLS...did your sense of smell change? Did it go back to pre-op "normal?" I smell things so intensely like I did when I was pregnant w/o the nausea part though! Smelt lasagna and it was as if I could smell each ingrediant-So Savory, that it felt as if I'd eaten it and was more satisfied than if I'd actually eaten it pre-op. Alas tho, everyone's breathe smells like garlic esp. my smooching hubby! Any similar experiences out there? I want to NOT scrunch my nose subconciously when he zooms in

AuroraStar
on 11/16/10 7:28 am
Yes! I have certainly noticed that my sense of smell is heightened! I like it! At least most of the time! 

HW 233 / SW 214.6 / CW 175 / GW ~135
Jim Parker
on 11/22/10 10:05 pm - TX
RNY on 11/02/10 with
Yep - it's apparently pretty common.  I'm 3 weeks out (today), and I'm still a lot more sensitive to smells than before.  But as you said, it's almost as good to smell the food as to eat it...
jlc1972
on 11/23/10 5:39 am
I had my sleeve done on the 9th and am so glad I do not have to worry about thanksgiving over eating.
As far as smells yes they are intense and also my taste buds seemed to have changed. Chicken bouillon was good to me prior to surgery now I can't even smell it.
The protein shakes I drank prior to surge that I liked, I am forcing down.

A little different but definitely doable.
Kikisdad
on 11/27/10 2:37 pm - Garden Grove, CA
I had my RNY on November 2.  The first couple of weeks I had ketosis so bad it added a bad smell and taste to everything, but it has resolved.  I had tuna for the first time today and it tasted wonderful
Larry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Checking in
dlp5510 · 1 replies · 971 views
Hey
jmshadowdancer · 0 replies · 1259 views
nausea is back at 7mos.
dlp5510 · 0 replies · 973 views
One-derland!
Kariszma83 · 1 replies · 945 views
VSG Tomorrow!