I'm so happy for all of u. I went though all of it and am still FAAT!!!!!!!

Amy G.
on 2/25/04 7:05 am - Wausau, WI
I read all of these posting and I want to be like one of you in them. I had my wls on 12/2/02 and I weight 298lbs. It's been more than a year and I weight 230. I just had an upper GI and it shows that everything i end or drink goes straight down.....there's no stomoach for it to stop it to make me feel full. The doctor said that i'll just have to be carefull to watch what I eat cuz now i'll never feel full.!!!!!!!WHAT WAS THE POINT OF HAVING THIS SURGURY IF THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN? Most of my days are now sitting around and crying that i went though the surgery and it's not going to help me out at all. I can't live like this. I don't understand why they can't do back inside and fix it...make me a smallly stomach! Well..i guess i'll shut up now....ya know...i ALMOST started to think there was a God when I was told I was approved for this surgery---now I don't know if there really is on.
Skye P.
on 4/23/04 6:30 am - missoula, mt
Hi Amy, My name is Skye. I had my surgery on Dec 2, 2002. I work in a excellent bariatric program here in Missoula, MT. Have you ever felt full? Why is there no stomach to fill? Is that the way the Doctor made it? What type of surgery did you have? They can fix it. It sounds like to me from what you explained that your anastomosis (where they connect the new bowel to the small pouch) was made too big so your food just slide right down into your bowel so you dont get full. They can go back in and make the anastomosis smaller, so your pouch holds food for longer periods of time. You can email me at [email protected], to talk more if you would like.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hellooooooooo
jeris · 5 replies · 639 views
Looking for Answers
mariahstokes · 0 replies · 535 views
4 years out.......
dlr121702 · 0 replies · 503 views
December 11, 2002--Post Op--
suzette V. · 0 replies · 490 views
any one from puerto rico ??
cynthia M. · 0 replies · 484 views