This info can help us all

Naes Wls J.
on 2/27/04 6:04 am - NJ
This was posted on the main board, Hope it helps someone. RE: I need opinions~ the thing to keep in mind about carbs is that there are two kinds---simple and complex. Simple carbs are found mostly in bread, white rice, potatoes, grain, corn, pasta, and such---the starchy things. Simple carbs are very quickly broken down into sugar, which raises the blood sugar level and causes insulin to be released. These are the carbs that trigger carb cravings. Complex carbs are found in veggies and fruits, and they require more 'work' to be broken down into sugar. They don't raise the blood sugar level, so they don't cause insulin to be released. Most docs say these complex carbs are something we NEED, and shouldn't really worry about. They give us energy, and don't make us crave more. If you can just stay away from the starchy stuff, yo
Sherry D S.
on 2/27/04 5:10 pm - Puyallup (Now I'm in Roy), WA
I feel so bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That almost defeats having this surgery in one way. Depending if you were an emotional eater or not. You need to seek a second opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am serious, I have a feeling my DR. would see you, I am in Washington. But I am sure there are other Doctors that would see you. You need to get that fixed. Come to think of it, I don't feel full. I don't feel full until 20 minutes after I have eaten. I never eat slow enough to know if I am full before it is too late. Sherry D Good Luck! [email protected]
B4real
on 4/27/04 7:07 am - NJ
huh ? Why you feel sorry for me Sherry? I think I have been doing great. LOL My pre-op wt was 400 lbs and I've loss 201 lbs even so far. I have 50 or 60 more to go according to my surgeon. it'll put me at 160 or 150 goal wt. I probably will loss more than that. LOL I think you may of miss understood my 1st post. I just had shared it because I had came across it. anyhow best wishes to you, you have done great yourself, keep it going, take care ...Nae pre-op 400 wt loss -201 present wt 199 lbs goal wt 150-160 lbs 16 months
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hellooooooooo
jeris · 5 replies · 639 views
Looking for Answers
mariahstokes · 0 replies · 535 views
4 years out.......
dlr121702 · 0 replies · 503 views
December 11, 2002--Post Op--
suzette V. · 0 replies · 490 views
any one from puerto rico ??
cynthia M. · 0 replies · 484 views