anyone had the tummy tuck surgery? let me know

cynthia M.
on 9/24/04 10:02 am - ludlow, MA
hi i will like to know if you had your surgery(gastric by pass) and now going for the tummy tuck or having the extra skin taken out,. if you do please let me know how it was ,,im having mines soon and im scared i need details thank you
glori74
on 10/3/04 11:10 pm - summerville, SC
I had surgery In Jan 04 for wls,I still come to Dec boards though because I like the feedback and its close enough! I lost to 133 pds from 245 BEFORE TT so I had a large hernia and it was repaired along w tummy tuck in August with hip to hip incision.I was so scared but it ended up being much better then I thought,The pain was very very manageable if you take your pain meds you should be FINE.After my tt I went down sizes ,lost 9 pds,lost my stretch marks ,loose skin ,fixed my hernia and got a cute new belly button which is numb now so I plan on getting it pierced!The tt was sooooooooooo worth it!Do you have hernia or just need skin removal?I think this could make a difference as I was in the hospital for about 2 and a half days as opposed to a plastic surgery office,make sure you know what pain meds work for you and let your surgeon know your concerns about pain.Get help at home,buy groceries and pay bills in advance,have someone to run errands for you,meds,dr visits ,etc.No lifting for at least a month nd nothing over like 15 pds for about 3 mths,also i wouldnt recommend ab exercises or heavy aeorbics,also wear your binder every night drink fluids and light walking to get off water retention.I recommend for faster healing alot of protein and dont skip your vitamins from now until at least a month postop of skin removal.It helps w healing.If your back hurts after tt u can lay on pillows elevate and use a heating pad.Im five weeks out now,still have some mild swelling I am now back to normal I just have tight feeling in my tummy area but thats great.I can wear a bikini and not be embarrased from skin Its SO WORTH IT!
cynthia M.
on 10/4/04 9:13 am - ludlow, MA
hi! responding on your resent e-ail you sent to me, i hope you got this message i'm neww in this,. first of all you look GREAT!!!!!! my surgery its 0ct.7 in a few days and im so scared!! i have a lot of extra sking (no hernia) im just afraid that i wont lose any more weight right now im size between 14 and 12 do you think i'll get down more after surgery?? see i dont know. but i dont care if i lose size i just want to lose my big fat extra belly,. i hate wearing pants because like my daughter says mom you look like you have another bud in the front it is funny but i hate it i need to wear long shirts in order for me not to show my belly,. thats how ugly it looks,. and that all i care to lose all that extra skin,. and i do have lots and lots of old old stretch marks,. i hope some will go away at least some,. my husband says well after the tummy get you new tummy pierced and get a cute earing for your nw tummy,., if i like the results i will get it, will see, but anywas thank you so much for all your INFO... i will write back after surgery and let you know how it went and how it was thank you take care talk soon.. i need it that info,. because im a driver and i dont know how long do i need to be out from work the doctor says about 6 weeks will see, ok talk later bye cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hellooooooooo
jeris · 5 replies · 639 views
Looking for Answers
mariahstokes · 0 replies · 535 views
4 years out.......
dlr121702 · 0 replies · 503 views
December 11, 2002--Post Op--
suzette V. · 0 replies · 490 views
any one from puerto rico ??
cynthia M. · 0 replies · 484 views