No New Posts????

Luvitsunny
on 3/7/08 11:58 am - Sunny South, FL
Wow, where is everyone? How are you doing? We can't let our little Dec.03 group fall by the wayside. As for me, I'm preparing for a wedding. Our youngest daughter is engaged, she graduates college in May and gets married in November. I get my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing this summer...yahoo! I'm hoping to go on a medical mission trip this summer. My Weight is being maintained (which also means my closet needs cleaning out...I've never been the same clothing size for this long in my life). I'm falling a little behind in my exercise and need to get "re motivated' from time to time. I still hate chicken, eggs and have not "rekindled" my desire for sweets. carbonated beverage and bread.....(it's simply amazing) after 4 yrs. 3 months. So....let me hear what you'r up to.... luvitsunnyv
thea
on 3/7/08 8:47 pm - Arverne, NY
RNY on 12/15/03 with
Hi there Sunny, I do read the posts and have answered most of them. I don't know where everyone is. As for me I am out on Disability enjoying life, traveling with my boyfriend and just enjoying.My weight is up 10 pounds in 3 years and I am trying to take it off and have cleaned out the house of the bad foods that get me going. I will NOT buy any clothes. I have come too far to fall by the wayside. I am finally after 15 years off Blood Pressure meds and have been on Zoloft which has not only helped me with my depression but it has calmed me down enough to come off the B/P meds. I am leaving on the 23rd for California to the San Diego Zoo. It feels so good to fit comfortably in the plane seat You are doing great and congrads to you on your daughters engagement. I still have lots of limitations on food. I cannot drink soda, eat alot of meats buts its OK. I am used to this lifestyle with these restrictions. THIN FEELS GREAT! Take care and good look getting your BA. to your sucess. Lorraine
oktoberlady
on 4/1/08 2:06 pm - Mehoopany, PA
Hi, Sorry I haven't written in so long, but I have been very ill. I barely could get out of bed since October of last year, let alone type, and it's only recently that I've been well enough to catch up. Between my ME/CFS and Peptic Ulcer Disease that nearly killed me, I have been through the mill. I went down to a size 2, and they were getting loose. I'm 5'4" and was so thin Joe said he could hang his hat on my hips. After a life flight to Danville Hospital and a weeks stay, they found the internal bleeding from the ulcer. It was caused by stress from my insurance company who felt that my condition didn't warrant Short Term Disability. So I was denied. I'm fighting it, they laid me off, knowing I couldn't draw unemployment compensation, and Joe only makes half what I did, so no insurance and COBRA costed a fortune. Well, we were approved for MA this month and I am applying for SSDI. So maybe that will help, if they approve me. I am also with a differ FM doctor and she is great. She got me off all the narcotics the other Dr had me on, put me on Lyrica, and two antidepressants, as well as a stimulant called Provigil. I'm doing a whole lot better, I'm up to a size 6/8 again, which is just right for my body, around 140lbs, but I won't ever be able to work again. Too much damage was done for too long between the stress my body went through and the stress the insurance company caused. But at least I'm alive, right? So, that's what I've been up to. How about somebody else? Nona
Luvitsunny
on 4/3/08 11:41 am - Sunny South, FL
Yes, thank God you ARE alive Nona and you have such a beautiful smile. It would be hard for anyone to recognize all the trials you have been through regarding the insurance and your health. I am glad that things are better now. I just had my (belated) checkup with the surgeon on Tuesday and over the last two years I have gained five pounds. I know it is because I am working all day, and going to school (on-line and classroom) nearly every night of the week. I'm off from work during the summer, though, so I hope I can lose that five pounds through walking and yard work. Take care...it is always good to see your posts! Blessings luvitsunnyv
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone?
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 647 views
It's okay......
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 672 views
So long....
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 646 views
new pics just posted
Michelle R. · 0 replies · 652 views
Upcoming 8 YR Anniversary
tdodge · 1 replies · 806 views