Help!!! hanging skin issues

RockenRoxy
on 5/18/08 8:58 am
RNY on 06/02/08 with
Ok, new post topic. Does everyone that has the extra hanging skin have plastic surgery?..Does working out for 2hrs 5days a week not help the extra skin shrink?..Im worried the most about the extra skin I have alreay. I've been working out now for 2months before surgery hoping it will give me a head start on the hanging skin. I worry that Im goin to have to have plastic surgery to have it takin off. Does this mean I have to work out longer?
thea
on 5/19/08 11:23 am - Arverne, NY
RNY on 12/15/03 with
Raquel, I hope you are doing well and anticipating your walk to the Losing Side". I know working out is good for all of us, but in my opinion it depends on the amount of weight you will lose, your age and exercise after your WLS. I have a daughter who lost 120 pounds at age 24 and had lots of skin hanging much more than me at 51 when I did my surgery. Enjoy your working out and at least you like that. I hate exercise so it takes alot for me to do any. Wait until after your sugery and your Dr. gives you the go ahead and "Good Luck to you" I am sure you will do well. I really don't care about my hanging skin, I feel great just being a normal size now. I have a boyfriend who loved me before my surgery and still loves me now. What more can you ask for? See you on the "Losing Bench" Lorraine
Luvitsunny
on 5/20/08 12:37 pm - Sunny South, FL
Hi Raquel, I was encouraged by my physician at 6-8 weeks post op to get some bands and do stretches and also to get some 5# hand weights and spend 20 minutes a night with them......I'm tellin' ya....it helped my arms a lot. Post op, I got up to walking 6 miles every day and up to riding my bicycle 15 miles, three times a week. That did not, however, help my extra skin on my thighs and waist line. I haven't had plastics because I don't want the scar that I know a complete lower body lift will make. So, I'm accustomed now to my loose leg skin....but definitely go for the bands and hand weights for the arms......I love my arms!........(I was 53 when I had the surgery 4 1/2 years ago). Genetics plays in the picture a lot....and, of course, exactly how much weight you need to and actually do loose, also, if you have smoked or not and how much of your weight is body fat or muscle mass. Best of luck and let us know how it goes....K?
RockenRoxy
on 5/21/08 2:47 am
RNY on 06/02/08 with
Thank you both for responding. It helps to hear from others about the skin issues. I guess I just need to come to terms on what ever my body ends up looking like. Im totally excited Im just 11days away and counting every minute..LOL HOpe you both have a great holiday Hugs Raquel
thea
on 5/21/08 5:26 am - Arverne, NY
RNY on 12/15/03 with
Raquel. I am praying for your speedy recovery. You will do just fine. We can talk about SKIN when you are on the "Losing Side" Good luck with your post-op Diet and keep us posted after you get home. We are here with you. You are not alone. EVER!!!!! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone?
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 647 views
It's okay......
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 673 views
So long....
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 646 views
new pics just posted
Michelle R. · 0 replies · 652 views
Upcoming 8 YR Anniversary
tdodge · 1 replies · 808 views