Soooooooooo Sore!

Luvitsunny
on 6/12/08 11:19 am - Sunny South, FL
Our youngest daughter graduated in May and is home until she gets married in November and then moving back to the Orlando area .....Anyway, she wants to lose a few pounds before the wedding so she signed us up at a gym....Now, mind you, I lost my weight just getting out and hitting the pavement, riding my bike every day, using stretch bands and hand weights....I haven't been to a gym consistently in over 5 years....I am now on day #3 and very, very sore! My B**** aches, but happy to say that I can do the treadmill for several miles, the eliptical for 20-30 minutes and not get out of breath and keep a descent heart rate!! I think the weight lifts are what is causing my pain I guess this WLS is still working! Now.....I just need to lose those 5-10 pounds to put me back in a size 2 comfortably......... luvitsunny I hope everyone is doing well!
thea
on 6/12/08 8:28 pm - Arverne, NY
RNY on 12/15/03 with
Hi Sunny, Congradulations on your upcoming wedding. I get very sore also from lifting weights. I have lots of aches and pains in my arms from years of lifting those patients during my nursing career. I do enjoy my bike. I was put on Lyrica for my Diabetic Nueropathy and it has packed on about 15lbs on me which has made me very upset. I did not see the drug helping me so I stopped. I began cutting back and 10lbs are off Exercise is not my thing. I walk and ride my bike but the gym is just not for me. My spring clothes now fit and I am happy. After losing all the weight we did, me myself and my feeling say.................... I CANT AFFORD AND WONT BUY BIGGER CLOTHES!! I finally got a nice outfit on yesterday. Enjoy your daughter and her visit and your upcoming wedding!! Lorraine
oktoberlady
on 7/27/08 12:20 pm - Mehoopany, PA
Congrats on the upcoming wedding. I know what it's like for weights. Before I got really sick, I used them alot. I can't do much now, just a little on my Gazelle and using Therabands for stretching and toning. But I'm going through what Lorrainne did. I'm on Lyrica for fibromyalgia and it works great for the pain, but I've put on 40lbs and went from a size 4/6 to a 12/14. I don't have a choice, though, because it's the only thing that helps me. Without it, it's a struggle just to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. Now if they could just cure the Chronic Fatigue. I use Provigil and that helps, but it's not a cure and I still get the problems. I eat carefully, chosing my foods for health and nutrition, but the weight still came on. I just hope it stops soon or it's going to make my joints hurt again, having all that extra weight. Plus I have Peptic Ulcer disease due to the low blood flow in my pouch, so I have to keep something there all the time. I take Protonix twice a day, and I will have to for the rest of my life. My husband blames all my illnesses on the RnY, and even when a doctor tells him it has no effect, he still believes his own way. My grandson from S. Carolina is visiting for 3 weeks. Yesterday, he got bit by a tick. We're watching the bite area, and it's not red or swelling, but he says it hurts. He's a bit of a baby, even though he's 14, so we take that into account. It hadn't bored in, just started to bite and it came right off and there was no blood so it hadn't had time to do anything. He's been running around and swimming in the creek, helping my husband cut tall weeds in the back yard, so he's not sick, but he is coughing and sniffeling. He has allergies, but I think he picked up a cold on the plane. I think he's going to be fine. Nona
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone?
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 647 views
It's okay......
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 672 views
So long....
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 646 views
new pics just posted
Michelle R. · 0 replies · 652 views
Upcoming 8 YR Anniversary
tdodge · 1 replies · 808 views