Recent Posts

Luvitsunny
on 8/31/09 7:58 am - Sunny South, FL
Topic: New site.... where R U!
I admit that I haven't been on OH in awhile....BUT, I can find no one!  I miss you.  I need you!  Where are my December 2003 OH buddies?????????????? Help!

See God's track record in your journey,

decide that you will trust Him. 

lori J.
on 8/19/09 10:38 am - westminster, md
Topic: RE: depressed
Hello girls,
It has been so long since I have been out here. Embarrassed, ashamed that I was once able to encourage people and now can't get myself motivated anymore. I am still down 100 lbs but never made goal. I need to lose another 57 lbs. My doctor ordered a UGI and the result was a small pouch. I ask myself "then how can I eat a whole sandwich and still feel hungry" if my pouch is still small. I do drink a lot when I eat. Is it possible that that is my biggest offender? If I push away the drink will weight start to fall off again. Please, no sugar coating and no 'oh but you have off 100 lbs still'. Please, be very judgemental and give it to me straight on what I should do or what you would do if you were me. I still weigh over 200 lbs. Please, please help me....I don't know what to eat anymore, I don't no where to start.
Many thanks...

Lori
Luvitsunny
on 6/28/09 1:46 pm - Sunny South, FL
Topic: BUSY!

It seems everyone must be busy with work, family, new marriages and new relationships....I tend to not "check in" to OH as often as I should these days either.  I'm off for the summer...we are going on our first full family cruise 7/6 and then I take my School RN Certification in early August.  I'm at my doc's goal weight for me (134) but I feel more comfortable at 125.  I sure would like to lose those nine pounds before September.  I haven't put forth much effort, yet. 

I hope all you 2003 WLS'ers are doing well. 

Luvitsunny
on 6/4/09 8:35 am - Sunny South, FL
Topic: Can't believe it....
I am revisiting OH and see that my post was one of the lasts.  Where is everyone?  Of course, I can't say much because it has been several months since I have posted as well.  I've gained some, about five pounds, but I know it is due to my working full time and going after my Masters in Nursing full time and very little physical activity.....Please, Please...post your status!  We are sisters/brothers united!

Luvitsunny
on 4/6/09 7:22 am - Sunny South, FL
Topic: RE: Five years later
Isabel, I totally agree....while sometimes I feel I have not reached the goal....I know I'm gettin' there!
luvitsunnyv

Luvitsunny
on 4/6/09 6:57 am - Sunny South, FL
Topic: Feelin' rather guilty....
I can' remember the last time I have posted to my anniversary forum.  I have been so busy with being an ACTIVE full time mom, grandma, working 40 hrs/a week and a full time Master's in Nursing student....it takes a lot to get thru my week...for sure!

I can honestly say, while I am dealing with some minor issues, I would not have undertaken such challenges before my WLS. 

After 5+ plus years....I am still amazed!  God bless everyone!

luvitsunnyv

Luvitsunny
on 2/20/09 11:39 am - Sunny South, FL
Topic: RE: 5 yr anniverary
I  can really identify with your post.  My WLS was 12/15/03...a day that I value next to my birthday...my marriage...the birth of my first child.  However, the changes in my life have not been earth shattering!  I'm healthy...I'm normal...I'm in control...This is marvelous.  I cannot expect more!

melati
on 2/12/09 8:29 am, edited 2/12/09 8:30 am - Miami, FL
Topic: RE: Celebrating....
DEC 23rd here! I am right along with you. Wow that is amazing 118 for 5 yrs!

PS love your avatar!! I am a beach freak myself!

Luvitsunny
on 1/24/09 11:30 am - Sunny South, FL
Topic: RE: 5 yr anniverary

Vervette, I truly enjoyed reading your celebration post.  I share many of your feelings having celebrated 5 yrs on 12-15.  Blessings,

Vervette
on 12/20/08 12:27 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/19/03 with
Topic: 5 yr anniverary
It is hard for me to believe it has been 5 years. I was reading my profile and my entries before surgery, while I was going through the testing, and realized I had forgotten much of that stuff. Everything turned out, all the "ifs" that I fretted about.

My life didn't become Shangrila because I lost the weight. Still have the same husband, same marriage , job , and money issues, None of that was caused by my weight and none of it changed when the weight came off. I am profoundly different though. I don't cringe seeing my reflection in mirrors or as I pass by windows. I don't wonder when I pass a group of people if they are looking at me commenting on how big I am and what a shame it is. I don't avoid  connecting with people . I remember coming through the revolving doors at work, towards the elevator and if someone was just getting on, I would pretend I was not going on the elevator , and wait for the doors to close and the elevator to leave before pressing the button. I look in the mirror now and especially this time of year, remember thinking I wish I was thin so I could wear some of those pretty Chrismas things. I have a waterbed with a mirror ceiling and I remember looking up and seeing my little head attached to this enormous body and feeling shame and guilt. Now I just see me and feel gratitude. I am not tiny but any stretch  of the imagination but I am comfortable, and I still battle sugar,and compulsive overeating. I love being able to wear the clothes that have been in my closet for months, knowing they will still fit. I went back to school to get different skills, to change careers. I doubt I would have done that before. Just making the decision to have the surgery and makeing this amazing journey has given me the faith in myself and courage to try new things.

Reading my profile some things have remained the same. I still do pretty much eat the same things. I forget that my pouch still rules, and get reminded  quicly when I put something new in it that it does not like.. I start every day with protein in my coffee, my breakfast. I put on about 25 pounds this last year and found a plan that I could work with and it came off within about 5 weeks. Thank you RNY!  I have never eaten "properly", and didn't want to feel my food obsession with charts and diaries and calculations of calories, fats, carbs ,etc. I did learn that all of those things do matter though. I  made some subtle changes from full fat to fat free things like cottage cheese, and processed cheese slices,and string cheese. And I stopped eating processed food, including fast food. That meant I had to cook  That was the most difficult  part. I still don't like to cook, but it is much easier than seeing  and feeling those extra pounds that I pack on otherwise. I found some easy receipies that made a bunch . I try to just cook once or twice a week, and freeze it in conveinent portions to grab and take with me. I found out that frozen mixed berries with splenda under fat free cottage cheese is really good as a snack or in a crunch a meal.

I am so glad that I decided to do this 5 years ago. I don't know what the deal was with not doing it sooner, I guess everything happens in its own time. I wouldn't have had the money for the Bariatric center unless I had refinanced my house, and I did that before I went in just to "check" on the possibility of surgery. Wasn't really going to do it, just gathering some information to consider. Makes me wonder what I was "considering" anyway. The options seem pretty clear now. Stay at the weight that I was , adding more weight as time went on, hoping I didn't  have a heart attack, or make a positive change to my future. I remember wondering if spending the bulk of the money from the refinancing that was intended on remodeling my house on remodeling me , was worth it. Silly me. What good was the house if I wasn't alive.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone?
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 648 views
It's okay......
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 673 views
So long....
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 646 views
new pics just posted
Michelle R. · 0 replies · 653 views
Upcoming 8 YR Anniversary
tdodge · 1 replies · 808 views