Recent Posts

Tracy T.
on 9/28/04 10:16 pm - FL
Topic: RE: BACK FROM THE HOSPITAL.
Lorraine, Sorry to hear what you have been through but so happy that you finally know what is wrong and no longer have to go through that!!! That must be a relief to you just to know that you finally have an answer after all these months! Hope that you feel better really soon! Take good care of yourself! Tracy
Tracy T.
on 9/28/04 10:13 pm - FL
Topic: RE: HELP I am falling off the wagon 9 months out!
Michelle, The other post-er is right. Carbs make you crave more carbs!!! If you eat carbs, you will want to snack constantly and can't seem to get enough food. At least that is the way they affect me. I too went through a few weeks of sabotage. It does actually take a few days to get the carb craving out of your system after eating them. Just try to stick to your "diet" for about 2-3 days without carbs and after that the cravings WILL go away. Try to keep regular meals too, that really helps! Keep up with your vitamins and fluids and in a few days you will be feeling normal again and not like a raving junk food addict! lol Tracy
Tracy T.
on 9/28/04 9:59 pm - FL
Topic: Question of the day
Hello everyone! I thought that I would ask a question today. Since our one year anniversary is coming up very soon...Does anyone have an special plans?Are your plans contingent on a certain weight loss goal rather than making it a year? ME: I DON'T HAVE ANY PLANS FOR THE DATE. I DO HOWEVER HAVE A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE THAT WILL BE POPPED OPEN THE DAY I REACH 115 POUNDS! ANY GOOD IDEAS FOR A 1 YEAR CELEBRATION?
Tracy T.
on 9/28/04 9:56 pm - FL
Topic: Hurricane over! I'm OK and Weightloss update
Hello all, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make anyone worry over me. I am fine. This last hurricane, Jeanne, pretty much came right over us this time. Fortunately it was just a Tropical Storm by the time it hit the Tampa area. We were without power for about 12 hours only! Gotta love TECO! Cable is still out however which make watching TV nearly impossible. But, That is nothing to complain about. (although I just did) Other than my front porch awning blowing in half and a few roof tiles missing, the house is fine. Again, loads of tree debris and I spent half a day cleaning it up and piling it for the garbage men. We have been so lucky! It gets really nasty and scary, but this old mobile home sure seems sturdy! Of course you know I have to add a KNOCK WOOD here! Weight loss is up and down. I am going through the same 3 or 4 pounds up and down the scale. Won't seem to stay off. This morning I was at 145.6. I have been as low as 143.2 this week and as high as 146.7. We'll blame this on the "monthlies". Looks like I won't show much for this months weight loss if things continue on this path. But I am OK with that for now. I have about 29 pounds left to go to my personal goal of 115, but I am trying not to sweat it. I can eat a lot more, seemed to kinna happen all of the sudden. I think I am prolly up to about 6-7 ounces at a time. But at this point I don't think that this is completely abnormal and I am fine with it. Still trying to keep up the good choices and not eat too much junk that I'm not supposed to. It is getting harder though. I feel good and just really can't complain! I went to Oktoberfest last Saturday in Manatee county and will go to one this Saturday in Sarasota county. My before picture is from last years Oktoberfest (at 261 pounds) so I will have a pic taken of me at this one so we will see a true one year difference. Even though it is months before the true 1 year anniversary. OK, I have talked long enough, again, sorry for any worry caused! Thanks for thinking of me! Tracy
kimkny
on 9/28/04 12:50 pm - Northeast, US
Topic: RE: Hi there my friends.
Hi Lorraine!! Don't worry about those 5 pounds. They will go away once your body settles down. I hope with each passing day you are feeling better. I love posting my stats - I am so proud of them !! Day of Surgery (12/12/03): 347 lbs Current: 187.5 lbs Total Weight Loss: - 159.5 Pre-plastic surgery goal: 150 lbs Post-plastic surgery goal: 140 lbs (hoping to lose 10 lbs from plastics) I feel great - I've already lost 10.5 pounds this month! Kim
Sommer Rose-Souza
on 9/28/04 7:34 am - Oakdale, CA
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgery post
Hi Karie, I have a consultation on April 1, for tummy tuck and breast enlargement. I'm very excited. Good luck with your consultation. Please post your updated info. Sommer
Sommer Rose-Souza
on 9/28/04 7:17 am - Oakdale, CA
Michelle, I could not agree with you more. I'm feeling the exact same way. I have the same amount till goal too. I've even been eating chocolate and other sweets too. I can't seem to get going either. I NEED help too. Just thought i'd let you know your not alone. Good luck. Sommer
mysticalflwr
on 9/28/04 6:54 am - MA
Hi Staci, The advice they all gave WAS great, I so appreciate it. I am glad that I am not the only one going through this I feel so guilty. I will have to try the hard candy and fluids thing too maybe if I can keep my mouth busy my head will stop telling me I am hungry for carbs. Who knows we will see and hopefully that the scale will change. Thank you all. Michelle
dazymae7
on 9/28/04 5:53 am - Bastrop, LA
Michelle, I know exactly what you are going through, I am doing the same thing and I wonder why I can't lose another pound! I have become addicted to Cheetohs and Cheez Its. I just want them all day long. My coworkers are so bad in the eating department that this doesn't help my dilemma. I did try the NO carb thing for one day and was so agitated and mean that my husband went and got me some cheez its (he was trying to be helpful and got tired of being snapped at!- bless his heart) I have got to get it under control. I just had a hole repaired in my esophagus and my throat stretched from a restriction and my surgeon told me that my pouch was about the size of a walnut, so it hasn't stretched, thank God, but it seems I can hold so much more bad stuff at one time but if I try to eat good meat or veggies, I get full so very fast. Hang in there, the advise was great guys, I'll try some of the tips.... I have 4 kids in the house so there are cookies and chips everywhere but I try to buy the ones that I don't like so I won't be tempted. I have been sucking on Life Savers sugar free candies and try to drink when i think I am hungry. We'll see................. Staci
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/04 5:35 am
You are getting great advice already....I don't have much to add, except I know what you are going through......Once you start on the lousy carbs it is so hard to stop!!! They go down so easy and are so satisfying, but then your hungry/snacky like an hour later.....Vicious cycle really!!! I am working on it.....how about sunflower seeds when you need to snack, or some sugar free hard candys to suck on or sugar free gum.....I think the big them is letting them get out of your system for a couple days to get rid of the cravings......only problem is easier said than done!!! Wishing you the best.....Take care Jesi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone?
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 647 views
It's okay......
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 672 views
So long....
Luvitsunny · 0 replies · 646 views
new pics just posted
Michelle R. · 0 replies · 652 views
Upcoming 8 YR Anniversary
tdodge · 1 replies · 808 views