It's the anniversary of my surgery today! 5 year post op

Renee' S.
on 12/24/09 3:27 am
This time five years ago I had just attended our annual Christmas party, wearing a  size 32 pants and a size 28/30 blouse.  Today I wear a size 16/18 top and 20/22 bottom.  

I may not be the size I want to be yet, but I'm glad I'm no longer a size 32!       I'm still VERY happy that I had the surgery.  For me, it was the best diet aid.  It helped me get started on my diet journey.  I've learned in the last five years how to eat better.  I enjoy exercising and I no longer turn to food to help me through crisis.   I have participated in nine  5k's, each time imporoving my time.  Five years ago I would not have considered walking or running in an event.  

Six months ago when  I lost my wonderful husband I worried that I would revert to food as my comfort through the grief.  I haven't and I wont. The surgery change my life in more ways than one

Merry Christmas to each of you and happy anniversary!!! 
Susan Bertrand
on 12/28/09 12:33 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Congrats on your accomplishments! Everyday we make it thru without huge faults are days to be proud of. Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad to know your not falling back on your old crutch. It's an easy thing to do. I know, I'm proof! Keep up the good work!

Susan 
Susan
Lap RNY 12-1-04
295-153-155 (-142)
Renee' S.
on 12/30/09 1:39 am
I appreciate your note, Susan. Loved what you wrote.. "everyday we make it throught without huge faults are days to be proud of"  :)

CuteDonna
on 12/31/09 10:11 am - Effort, PA
WAY TO GO 

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
310lbs GONE<<<GONE GONE
rron999 · 1 replies · 871 views
Anybody still checking in here?
Loni* · 13 replies · 1851 views
Revision 1/13/2011
kellyt · 2 replies · 865 views