Anybody still checking in here?

Loni*
on 2/21/11 11:34 am - TX
Ok December grads lets all check in and support each other once again.
I have been dealing with some weight gain and I need some accountability getting it off. I couldn't do it without ya'll last time and I can't do it again alone. Anybody out there also need the support, lets help each other.

Let me know where you are and I will be here for you.

Loni
Frankie
on 4/7/11 1:22 am - NY

Hi Loni,

I lurk from time to time.  I had a baby almost 2 years ago and I am battling my weightloss from the pregnancy.  I need to start back at the basics, I need to lose 60lbs to get back to my pre preg/post op wls.  I gained 100lbs during my pregnancy.

I hope you are doing well.

Fran

Shrinking_Kathy
on 4/14/11 6:43 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Loni,
Longtime no see. I am with you.... I'm back here needing some support. Haven't had much of a weight gain, but I'm still worried and need to start getting back to the basics.

I've got a new email address [email protected] .... Email me anytime.

sighsmommy
on 6/29/11 6:25 am - Dixon, IL
Hi! I'm checking in for the first time in a long time. I was known as trinket, but lost my password, and don't have the same e-mail any longer.
My post-op weight was 321, and I lost to 147.
I had a baby in 2007 and gained to 198!! I'm back down to 175 as of today via HCG diet (I've also started having thyroid issues that we are pretty sure is hashi's and it's BARELY under the levels for me to be able to have meds for it) Also, I'm struggling greatly with iron deficiency. Based on my labs my red blood cells are larger, but my current PCP doesn't understand that means I need b12 injections:(

Anyhow I'm here, and working on losing again, don't want to wind up back to square one!

Blessings, and hoping some others decide to check in and reconnect, that would be wonderful!
Stacey S.
on 7/13/11 12:18 pm - Woodhaven, NY
Hello Everyone,

It has been a while and I also try to check in from time to time. I am also struggling with some weight that I have gained. I had maintained my lowest at 125 but in the past year or two I have went to 145 and I am a bit scared. I am thinking about having a revision done but I am not sure if my insurance will even cover it. I went on a few weight loss programs but they havent helped at all.  So as Loni said....we need to support each other like we did before we had the surgery in 2004. I wish everyone lots of luck. Chat with you guys soon. And Loni..keep the faith....I will....

Stacey
gone4good
on 10/13/11 4:53 am - Cheyenne, WY
Hi all.  It's been a really long time since I posted but I really felt the need to go back to where it all started.  I have been struggling with my weight as well.  I have gained about 50 pounds and I am determined that at least 40 to 45 of it will be gone by this time next year.  I have already started doing more exercise and cardio workouts.  I am trying to get in 3 per week but I really need to go for 5 per week. Then there's the food issue.  I have gotten so lazy and I am back to eating way more carbs than my body needs. I still haven't had sugar since my surgery in December 2004 but I am eating all the wrong things like chips and crackers.  Grazing.  That's what I have been doing.   Not sure anyone will see this but if you do, know that one other 2004 grad struggles but is determined to get back to a healthy place.

Best wishes to all.

Tammy
Transfiguration
on 1/1/12 3:35 am - Somewhere in time, SC
Hi Tammy--

A belated "Happy Surgiversary" to you!  I am a december WLS oldtimer too.  I am in the same boat.  I've gained 50 lbs.  Night grazing has been insane.  I'm not bad during the day but after the sun goes down, I'm like a food "predator".  :) 

I am starting out the New Year eating right and doing the things I need to do for "self care".  I'm going to the gym today, in fact.  Both of us have come too far to gain more weight.  I want to reap the benefits of WLS, after having gone thru many complications and surgeries.  Let's support each other. 

Happy New Year
Cheri

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

Renee' S.
on 12/7/11 10:07 pm
 It's our anniversary month... bhoping our friends will check in and let us know how things are going for them  these days
Transfiguration
on 1/1/12 3:36 am - Somewhere in time, SC
Happy surgiversary!!!  My anniversary is the same date as yours.

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

meow999
on 12/19/11 9:28 pm - Gainesville, FL
hi all. havn't been here in a while. i've been pretty busy. Today marks seven years!!!! WOW!!!!!. Highest weight was 305, day of surgery was 278. My lowest was 163, but frankly I looked a bit sick at that low of a weight. I now hover around 195ish. I would like to get about 20 pounds off. Nothing i can't handle through a little exercise.
I have had some bypass related health issues. My iron drops so low that i get IV iron transfusions every so often but i have a great hematologist that keeps an eye on that and my b12 and other things and has lots of experience with the bypass related anemias and stuff.
I also seem to be having issues with some bouts with nonviral ischemic hepatitis. Doc thinks I have something like an interrmittant bowel obstruction issue from scar tissue that cuts off the blood supply to my liver and causes this. Pretty much hurts like hell and puts me in the hospital on high powered pain meds for a week or so. The aforementioned 20lbs was primarily from the initial bout of that where I was unable to keep any nutrition down at all for a few weeks and was on TPN which has like 2500 calories a day, and a lot of fat in the form of lipid infusions. It definitily did its job!!! LOL!
These are all complications that can come from a bypass but i would rather handle this anyday than be fat and have all the problems, health, social and otherwise that go with it.
Seven years out, I am a much stronger person in so many ways!!!!!!!
I hope you all are doing well too!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
310lbs GONE<<<GONE GONE
rron999 · 1 replies · 870 views
Anybody still checking in here?
Loni* · 13 replies · 1850 views
Revision 1/13/2011
kellyt · 2 replies · 864 views
Not doing so well
CuteDonna · 6 replies · 1069 views