What is your 'losing style' at 9- 10 mos. out?

The Girl Ninja
on 9/29/06 10:52 pm - Griswold, CT
Hi y'all, My recent change in losing patterns has prompted me to wonder how all my December sibs weight loss has changed at this stage in the game. It seems like now I lose a pound then go back up a pound, sometimes two, then back down a pound and then back up- then back down - you get the jist of it. I'm still losing between 4-6 lbs a month and am ecstatic but now instead of it being steady drops I seem to dance around the same losses for days! Anyone else experiencing this?
April R.
on 9/30/06 8:14 am - plymouth, MA
I'm so glad you mentioned this.. I thought I was going crazy.. hehe Needless to say.. the up and down part is unnerving.. and the not knowing when it's going to stop or whether it has already stopped or not stopped is so much fun to deal with as well.. good times!!! hehe Things have considerably slowed down for me.. I have had this loosing pattern for the last 3 months.. blahh My Nut upped my calories last week to 1200 and so far so good.. I haven't gained all my weight back.. hehe it's scary to up the calories.. I feel like I'm eating all day.. but I do feel so much more energetic. My Nut said that my under-1000 cal intake was probably why I was on the ultimate stall. Who the heck knows.. so glad that I'm not alone in this madness April R
Becca W.
on 10/2/06 4:44 pm - port hueneme, CA
Yup. I'm right there with you. The weight is going down over the long term still, but when I weigh often (yeah, yeah, I know we're not supposed to...), I see it go up and down a lot.
canny1975
on 10/5/06 4:49 am - austin, TX
I find the more calories I eat the more I lose. If I stay at like 1000 aday or less I stay the same weight. I figured this out cause I only lose once a month right around the time aunt flo comes around. And usually at that point im craving all kinds of stuff. Also im hungry all the time during that period. And every time like clock work I will lose 2 to 3lbs... I have been on amssive stall! I only have 40lbs to go and its driving me crazy!!! How do you guys deal with that? My head is messed up cause I weigh 179 from 297. And I still feel fat! The pants I wore last month no longer fit and I remember wearing them thinking how hot I looked and now my pants are smaller and I feel worse? Am I the only one who does this? Oh and im sorry about the capital letters... My computer is messed up and im at work!
Laura G.
on 10/10/06 9:55 am - Federal Way, WA
After I reached my 100lbs loss I cant seem to loose any more. I have went up 2 or 3 lbs then back down, up and down! I was also frusterated with 40 lbs to go to my goal, I am trying 'back to basics' Kind of- protein shakes till dinner than a small dinner with lots of water durring the day...am I setting myself up for failure?
The Girl Ninja
on 10/10/06 11:19 am - Griswold, CT
I don't think you're setting yourself up for failure necessarily but do make sure you're eating enough calories or you may stall also. I think it's great that we can read these posts and see that we're all facing the same up and down syndrome or a slight slow down in our weight loss. It may be out of our control to a degree (as long as we're eating sensibly and drinking tha****er)- and more of something our body is 'doing' at this point. Thanks all *****sponded!
chnsuz
on 10/10/06 12:26 pm - Mt. Pleasant, MI
It is strange - I have been on a couple trips lately - ate out alot so I ate more - also walked more and lost weight on both trips.
etrnlsprg
on 10/18/06 6:43 am - Hope Mills, NC
Let's see @ 10 mos out I have lost a total of 163lbs. Down from a 34-38 womens to a 20 womens, some x-lg... I am so excited! My 1year goal is to be 200lbs even right now I am 253 so I figure less than 1lb per day I should be close to it if not right on it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 717 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views