Our "FIRST" Thanksgiving

Babs30
on 10/25/06 1:10 pm - Pueblo, CO
Hey guys, with Thanksgiving fast approaching, I was wondering what all of you were planning to do. I thought about making 'healthy' alternatives to our traditional sides but I'm also thinking about just skipping the holiday altogether. How about all of you?
m.m.
on 10/25/06 4:24 pm - CA
Hi I am going to "skip" thanksgiving this year, going on vacation with a group of friends. There will be no family and no special dinner... so I lucked out. However, I have had many special occasions post op and would treat Thanksgiving as such. I would allow myself to have a TINY bit of everything. Full flavor. Full fat. Full calories. Some ppl disagree with this approach, but I figure I have to deal with my post WLS body for EVER for the rest of my life and I better find a way now to include special occasions like Thanksgiving. Its just not realistic to think we will never enjoy those things again. For me, its best I learn now to just have a SMALL portion and be satisfied. Rather then missing it all together. Just my thoughts. I hope everyone has a fun thanksgiving and that the food deamonds don't rear their ugly heads. P.S. Turkey is a great source of protein. Try eating a portion of that first and then having a taste of everything else
sherry
on 10/25/06 11:56 pm - deer park, TX
I will have a little bit of everything that I want, but I will skip the desserts! I still don't do sugar. Actually, I can't wait to have some cornbread dressing! Sherry 259/154/130
pettykash
on 10/26/06 2:48 am - Galveston, TX
The holidays have never been a big deal with me. I do so much of the cooking that I am sick of smelling it and really don't want it. Now DA SUGA is something else. Stay away......stay completely away..... OK back away from the cake...pie....cookies and any thing else
Becca W.
on 10/27/06 4:49 pm - port hueneme, CA
I love the holidays so I couldn't just skip them... I'm going to be with my family so I don't have a lot of control over all the food - though I suppose I could bring some "altered" dishes. My plan is to do what I always try to do... eat my protein first (so turkey, here I come) and hopefully I'll be so full I won't be able to eat too much mashed potatoes lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 713 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 664 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 775 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1136 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1068 views