Candy trouble

Laura G.
on 10/31/06 7:24 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi everyone, I am having a hard time with the candy! I am looking for ideas, let me tell you a little of what is going on. I am having a VERY hard time staying away, when my baby wakes in the middle of the night I am more than happy (this is not normal-to be happy to get up) to get her the bottle....because there is potty training candy in the kitchen for my middle child. My intent is to chew and spit it in the garbage (sorry) but I get into the moment and accidently swollow it-then I get another! Then I feel so bad and go to bed. Now tonight is trick-r-treating and I am afraid of the candy. I have already planned on going to just a few houses for the kids, but I am honestly afraid of myself...and yes I can eat sugar...no problem. If you have any ideas please help. I know there is a eating problem, I have walked by the candy here at work all day, its that midnight sweet cravings!
debbiecsturd
on 10/31/06 10:41 am - upstate small town, NY
Have you tried cocoa via? It tastes like chocolate but does have some good stuff like b12 in it. It is a little pricey but very good. It is rich so a little bit goes a long ways. I have found this at Walmart and Target. What about making some protein balls (the ones with protein supplement and peanut butter) and keeping them handy to satisfy the sweet tooth?
sherry
on 10/31/06 10:57 pm - deer park, TX
I haven't tested the waters yet with candy, so I'm not where you are ... yet. One day at a time is my motto. And I know, there but by the grace of God go I! What I did last night to avoid that feeling of deprivation is bake a batch of SF Pillsbury Chocolate Chip cookies. They were pretty good! I ate two. They did kinda upset my stomach, but it was a better choice than the big bowl of candy I was handing out. Maybe try that as a substitute. Or buy the SF candy. I know it isn't the same, but it has helped me in a pinch. You look awesome, by the way! Sherry 259/154/130
Laura G.
on 11/2/06 7:24 am - Federal Way, WA
Thanks for the comments, I was thinking SF candy after I submitted the post. Actually I did pretty well, and the scale hasnt moved up so that is a good thing. Thanks again....you both look awsome!
tbonedan
on 11/7/06 10:31 am - PA
Try Chocolite. They are 30 calories a piece and no sugar (albeit some sugar alcohol)/ Best tasting I have found.
Rosa G.
on 11/12/06 10:32 am - Rutherford, NJ
I know exactly how you feel and I am having the same problem and I just cant stop eating candy, and I know I would have lost more if I could just stop eating the candy thats in front of me all day at work, i need some advice too !
bblessed27
on 11/14/06 3:17 am - Baltimore, MD
You are not alone and need advice as well. Candy, sweets, sugar is my weakness and I know that I would have lost more without it. I have tried to avaid buying it when I go to the store or if its offered to me at work but its hard. I have brought a lot of SF items but its not working for me.
Dori V.
on 11/29/06 8:59 pm - Greenville, MI
The only advice I can give is to tell you to treat it like it is a drug.. I compare Candy to Cocain for my own mind. I know I can eat it but it is bad for me so I stay away.. just like a drug.. its hard but after a while its not so bad, Get some fruit that you can snack on, and when you get up pop a piece of fruit instead.. you can retrain your brain.. just work at it.. Hope this helps! (((HUGS))) Dori V
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 717 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 779 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views