JUST HAD TO SHARE GOOD NEWS

shoegirl1023
on 11/9/06 8:56 pm - Solon, OH
I had my surgery Dec 16 2005 and weighed in at 230, I am now down to 129 and feel absolutely great, healthy, confident and focused. Focusing on the tool is the most important part of this journey for me, which is the only way I will carry on travelling through this. Anyway I just wanted to share my good news with my fellow december 05 alumni. Good luck to you all Joanne
LindaDLA
on 11/10/06 4:23 am - Metairie, LA
That's wonderful and I had my surgery on the same date - 12/16/05. I started at 257 and am at 145 now and thrilled. I would love to get an idea of what you normally eat. I sometimes feel like I'm eating too much (only at times). I seem to be much hungrier some days than others. But I am thrilled with the surgery.
wantstowin2
on 11/10/06 10:27 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Congratulations on your weight loss! I had WLS December 1, 2005, weighed in at 216 and am now down to 127 lbs. I feel wonderful, healthy, focused and full of energy. I agree with you when you say that the tool is the most important part of the journey -- I am so grateful for the tool that was given to me. I've been overweight my whole life and had a completely different lifestyle. I sat on the couch all day watching t.v. and eating. I never exercised. Now I am always on the go and I walk 35 miles a week. I still have emotional eating issues but am working on them. I tend to graze a little too much but am still losing weight. I never miss my protein shake in the morning (Anywhey from Rite-Aid with orange juice). All of this has helped me get thin and hopefully stay thin. Because nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Good luck to you! Janet
Rosa G.
on 11/12/06 10:16 am - Rutherford, NJ
Hi I had my surgery on 12/28/05 , started at 319 and im at 199 and still losing, you guys are doing great! I hope to get to that point ....
Becca W.
on 11/12/06 1:37 pm - port hueneme, CA
Congratulations Joanne, that's so great!!
sherry
on 11/13/06 12:51 am - deer park, TX
So awesome! Congratulations to you! Sherry 259/152/130
liesehaley
on 11/13/06 3:55 pm - STATEN ISLAND, NY
everyone is doing great! sadly i've been hovering in the 185-190 range for a few months.
shoegirl1023
on 11/13/06 9:56 pm - Solon, OH
Marliese, Are u excersising? Please email me if you want to chat privately. Joanne
bdub
on 11/13/06 8:14 pm - Midwest City, OK
That's great! I had my surgery 27 Dec 05 and it has been fantastic. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I was at 372 one year ago and am now at 197. I have gone from size 54 pants to size 38. The only bad thing is I am becoming a clothes hound..LOL, oh well we all have our crosses to bear! Brett
pettykash
on 11/14/06 7:39 am - Galveston, TX
I hate to say I started at 315 because we all know I was MORE than that. I will be having (I hope) my surgery on Dec 6 so I am eating a few carbs every day trying not to loose any weight. Every time I read that I laugh. Me trying not to loose weight. I had been holding at 180 but today I was 178. Thats not too bad as long as it doesn't drop too much more. The doctors say I won't heal right if I am in weight lost mode. I have bird legs that are wrinkled to no end. People stay on me because nearly everything I wear is too big. I hate having to get more clothes so I wear them until the cows come home. I did buy on sale today a pair of 16 jeans. I was amazed when I got home and they were too big. If you can put both of your hands in the waist band and still have room thats too big. I took them back and got a 14!!!!!!! yeah US What I really wonder is...after all the surgery business is over will I be able to drop any more weight or will I be where I am now. If I don't I am happy about my size but a size 12 jean does sound a whole lot better than the 32's I once had.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 718 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views