B12 questions

Machelle
on 11/14/06 9:25 am - Bolivar, TN
Do you have to have a prescription for B12 injections? Do any of you know how long you can expect to feel the effects of B12 supplementation? Here's my story. I haven't taken my B12 in MONTHS. I have been feeling VERY fatigued for over three weeks. I just realized that I had not been taking my B12 this morning when I saw it in the cabinet. We are foster parents, and we had a precious little one come to stay with us in June. I guess I broke my routine and just forgot all about B12. I am now convinced that this is the explanation for my fatigue and headaches. I wonder if I get a B12 injection how long it will be before I start feeling better. What can you guys tell me about B12 and B12 deficiency?
zanders mommy
on 11/14/06 10:59 pm - Valparaiso, IN
As far as I know You do need a perscription for the B12. But a vial that will last you a whole year only coasts 7.00 at the pharmacy. Then it is up to you to give yourself the injections. Some people say that you can also inhale the b12 I think that the injections are the way to go. I stopped the b12 for awhile and saw a difference. I have gone back to 1cc every 2 weeks and feel sooo much better. I work at a medical facility and some of the other girls in the office have used the injections and we all see a difference in energy. I did read where it increases apetit. I dont like that. At this point in the game I feel like i eat too much. I can tell at least the next day that I have had the shot. This wasn't a lot of info but I hope it helped
pettykash
on 11/15/06 4:26 am - Galveston, TX
I was really thinking about what you were saying until I saw INCREASES APETIT I think I'll stay T I D E
Dori V.
on 11/29/06 8:48 pm - Greenville, MI
I get a B12 Injection once every two weeks because the pills and sublingual drops were not working! I feel great. I don't have a prescription I walk into my Dr's office every 2 weeks get my shot and get my blood tested every other week! It is a wonderful thing to not be so tired.. and my appetite didn't increase! (((HUGS))) Dori V
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 713 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 665 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 776 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1136 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1070 views