Contemplating This Past Year's Journey

seish
on 12/7/06 10:29 pm
Good Morning Dec. Post-Ops! Tuesday - Dec 5th - made my 1 Yr. Anniversary of my new lease on life :party: and what a year of changes this has been! I had my 1 yr. post-op visit w/my surgeon right on THE DAY!! He and his staff didn't even know who I was when I came in. That was kinda cool. His office is in Boston - about an hour from my house - so I had some time to contemplate where this year has taken me during my drive over. I remember how terrified I was last year on the drive to Boston thinking I would probably not make it through surgery! I was actually shocked when I found myself "still here" after surgery and that I didn't die on the table! :lol: I thanked Dr. Mun for giving me a new lease on life and for probably saving my marriage. I am down 95 lbs. from a year ago - I wanted to hit that 100 lb. mark by a year - but have been slipping into some poor food choices lately and the weight loss has slowed dramatically. Meeting with him Tuesday has given me a fresh perspective and has boosted my spirits tremendously. I had been in a plateau for about 2 mths. w/out any weight loss and starting to slip back into some poor eating habits. He was SO uplifting and positive to me it has done wonders to get me back on track. He said if I didn't lose another lb. he would consider me a huge success story and he just wants me to maintain the weight loss now. I still want to lose another 20 lbs. though - but I know I will have to get back to basics and stick w/it to accomplish this! I can't say enough about him - what an awesome - humble surgeon!!! I told him I wish I would have done this 25 yrs. ago - that I feel like I lost my entire adult life to obesity. He said don't look back - just look forward - and GO OUT THERE AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST NOW!!!! Here are some of the greatest changes this miracle of WLS have brought me: NO MORE SLEEP APNEA NO MORE DAYTIME FATIGUE :bed: NO MORE SNORING :sleep: NO MORE MIGRAINES BETTER SEX -BETTER SEX-BETTER SEX ;-) MORE SELF CONFIDENCE MORE SELF ESTEEM GOING FOR LONG BIKE RIDES W/MY HUSBAND FOR THE 1ST TIME IN 25 YRS. GOING FOR LONG WALKS AND HIKING W/MY HUSBAND RIDING ON MY HUSBAND'S MOTORCYCLE W/OUT SQUISHING HIM! CROSSING MY LEGS LIKE A LADY FEELING MORE FEMININE BETTER MOBILITY :dance: NO MORE SHORTNESS OF BREATH NO MORE HEART PALPITATIONS MORE CONFIDENCE AT WORK CAN PLAY MY FLUTE AGAIN W/OUT LOSING MY BREATH AM PLAYING MY FLUTE IN PUBLIC AGAIN - AT CHURCH - IN FRONT OF PEOPLE - WITH GREATER CONFIDENCE AND ABILITY And Much Much More! I am so very thankful to God for making all this possible for me!!! Blessings to you all for a Happy and Healthy New Year and I pray that we all stay focused and faithful to use this tool that God has blessed us with and that we are all successful in maintaining and staying on track. Thank you to everyone on this Board who has reached out and supported me when I needed help during our FIRST year's journey together! God Bless You All, Sharon :wave: 270/175/150
shoegirl1023
on 12/8/06 5:12 am - Solon, OH
Congrats to u Gina and happy re-birthday. You have come a long way to jeopodize anything now so hang in there and just get back to basics. It's hard for us now, I know, I haven't cheated once but sometimes the feelings are there, and even unecessary extra hunger pains, but I know I have to stay focused and remember where I came from and never want to go back. I am coming up to my 1 year anniversary on the 16th, 105lbs down and at my goal of 125 and 12lbs below the docs goal of 137, and I'm feeling great. I went from a size 18-22 to a 4-6. No more sleep apnea or snoring, or shortness of breath or low self esteem or self hatred. I am totally reborn, just like you. This is a wonderful tool that we have been given, but we also have to remember we didn't have our heads operated on and that's where we need to stay focused. I wish u much successful for another gr8 year and a happy and healthy new year also. Take care Best regards, Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 716 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 779 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views