FEELING FAT ALL OF A SUDDEN!

shoegirl1023
on 12/12/06 9:13 am - Solon, OH
HEY THERE, IT'S ME AGAIN. I need some feedback from anyone who feels this way sometimes. I am a year out (this saturday), lost 105lb, went from 230 to 125, sizes 18-22 to now a 4-6 so why the hell am I having days when I feel FAT??!! Am i going ? There are days when I feel gr8 tho, energetic and "skinny" and healthy, but the last couple days I have felt different, as though the old fat is back in my head. I am not doing anything different in the way of eating, I eat healthy, all protein first, then my veggies, I take all my vitamins religiously and drink all my liquids. If there's anyone else out there who gets these days, please let me know. I could do with the help and some advice. Thank you. Joanne
The Girl Ninja
on 12/12/06 10:18 pm - Griswold, CT
Hi Joanne, I've lost about 97lbs. Gone from 273 to 175.5. I have shrunk from a size 26/28 to a size 14. I feel great but am at a plateau. I hope to get to 150. Granted I'm not as light as you but compared to where i was this weight is fabulous for me. But I have my days where I truly feel as if I were still 'fat' and really believe it in my head. Body image is a huge problem for me. Our situations are a bit different but I just wanted to say that i definitely can relate!
pettykash
on 12/12/06 10:39 pm - Galveston, TX
i havent really had THIS problem yet......I know its because of me still wearing clothes when they are too big for me. I think thats where my problems lie. Things were always way tooo tight. having things too big is still a thrill to me. In my next year that is my goal when my shoulder gets well. I WILL stay in clothes that fit right. OKKKkkk we will see how long that last.
Currlly
on 12/13/06 11:27 pm - Auburn, CA
Hi Joanne, Been lurking here for quite a while and saw your post. I too, have the fatty feeling creep in from time to time. I can't tie it to any nutrition or emotion triggers. I look down and see a tummy that looks like a 4" bulge and then try on my size 12 wranglers and sure enough, they still fit. Then I look in the mirror and I see the fat image that's in my head. Then I jump on the scale and usually I've lost a bit. Go figure. I read your profile and I'm nothing but admiration for your resolve. It's hard to believe that before picture is you. You've done fantastically!!! Possible fix to the fatty head trip: Get on the scale. Confirm there's no signifigant gain. Put on the tightest clothes you have and analyze yourself in the mirror from the shoulders down, looking at your body as if it were someone else (tilt the mirror so you actually can't see your face). Then accept the fact that you're looking fabulous and it's just another dying gasp from our former fat image that's been in our subconscience for so many years. Then wrap your arms around yourself for a well-deserved hugggg and repeat after me "WOWWW, I look mahhhvelous and I've got a great new life." Hope this helps - I think I'll try it myself next time batty fatty shows up. Shar 312/242/168/165
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/06 3:58 am - Kenosha, WI
That is so weird!!! I am sitting here looking at my bulging Budda belly and I, too, am still in my 10's!!! I swear that I am gaining, but the scale and clothing say otherwise. I wonder if its bloating... I can suck my tummy in, but I dont wanna do that anymore!! Im glad Im not the only one!
KV
on 12/23/06 12:21 pm - Franklin, IN
Joanne I do the same thing. I went from a 22/24 to a 2-4. There are days that I see the old me looking back from the mirror I know in my head that is not the case and I feel nutz a lot. My mental health instructor told me to video myself and watch it, they use that technique with anorexics and it helps them to see themselves as they are. It was explained to me that this change has happened so fast that my brain has to catch up...ok whatever. Looking at pics and video has helped on those "fat days". Kelly
Jennine
on 12/31/06 1:53 am - Alpharetta, GA
Joanne, I am right there with you! I am also a size 4-6 and I feel fat every day. It's because of my extra skin and I feel like a rolly polly even being this small. I am getting all of my excess skin removed even if I have to get a 2nd job and I hope I will feel more normal after that. Hope you feel better, our minds play dirty tricks on us!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 716 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 779 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views