One year!

carbonblob
on 12/15/06 2:50 pm - los angeles, CA
I hardly ever post but thought I would say hi to my December buddies. It was a bit of a tough ride and had some complications but overall I lost almost half my body weight in one year! My docs goal was 170 and I weigh 148 now. It's a little below where I want to be but I was in the ER last month and lost 10 pounds. I started at 287 pounds. Since I weightlift I wanted to stay around the high 160's but I have a little trouble keeping my weight up. I know, we guys lose faster and all that but I have to tell you, it's so cool to fit into clothes and be able to just get around without discomfort or sweating all over the place. I still read all your posts and it's great to see we are all losing which is the most important thing. Some more than other but you know what, just keep plugging along and give it at least 2 years to lose your weight. Some lose fast and everyone's journey is different. Don't get discourged. I plataues all the time and thought that was it and then bam, 5 pounds gone forever. I'm working on maintaining now and trying to get in more meals. I used shakes for the longest time due to complications and not being able to tolerate much else beside soups and soft stuff. Eventually I was able to get some meats down and that's been great. I still hate water but drink only that. I've been really faithful to the diet plan and haven't waivered and contribute that to my success as well. So, keep up the good work and happy anniversery! Carbonblob
C B
on 12/16/06 10:51 am - Houston, TX
CONGRATS on your one year anniverysary!
carbonblob
on 12/17/06 8:08 am - los angeles, CA
thanks ZZ and congrats to you too. ain't clothes shopping fun now? Carbonblob
sherry
on 12/19/06 11:47 pm - deer park, TX
Congratulations! Sherry
carbonblob
on 12/22/06 5:11 am - los angeles, CA
thanks Sherry, you look great with the 108 pounds gone! keep up the great work.....Carbonblob
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 718 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views