HAPPY RE-BIRTHDAY TO ME TODAY!!

shoegirl1023
on 12/15/06 10:01 pm - Solon, OH
Hello to all my fellow one year veterans. Today is my 1 year anniversary/re-birthday and it has changed my life forever. As I sat down this morning to my (very small) breakfast, I reflected on what a difference this past year has been. It was a very rough start after surgery where I had to indure a few side effects such as an infection in the main incision and mouth thrush, and at the time I thought it was the end of the world and questioned myself as to why did I have this surgery done. Today I know why, it was to save my life and so far it has done. I am free of sleep apnea, free of no energy and most of all, free to enjoy my life in a healthy way. It's not an easy journey and the head still plays mind games with me, such as I mentioned in my recent post about feeling fat. I am down 106lbs and now weigh 124 from 230. Today I feel wonderful, I feel proud of what I have achieved so far, and take each day at a time to get through it still fighting those demons that still haunt my brain. We are never cured from this food addiction, but to be in recovery today feels gr8. I pat myself on the hand today and tell myself CONGRATULATIONS!! I am even going to treat myself to a brand new CHI hairdryer today, why a hairdryer? Because my closet has stretch marks from all the clothes I have been splurging on and I need to wear them now. My hair needs to be maintained also! It's just a little indulgence/chanukah present to myself from myself, and it's far better than the indulgence of the foods that got me into trouble for many years. Thanks for reading this, and I wish a very happy re-birthday to all of you who had your surgery this month, and to my twins of today!! Love, Joanne
C B
on 12/16/06 10:49 am - Houston, TX
CONGRATS Joanne and God bless you
sherry
on 12/19/06 11:49 pm - deer park, TX
Congratulations! It is so exciting. Sherry
shoegirl1023
on 12/20/06 12:32 am - Solon, OH
Congrats to you also Sherry for yesterday!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 718 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views