New Year's thoughts

The Girl Ninja
on 1/1/07 12:30 am - Griswold, CT
Happy New Year's Dec. babies ! It's been over a year since I had surgery and I wanted to reflect I guess! I've lost about 97lbs and have settled between 175 and 177lbs depending on the day etc. Two weeks ago I was frantic being so close to losing 100lbs but yet seeming so far out of reach. I've been at this weight since Oct. 29th! But I have decided that I can't live in a perpetual state of panic over where my body has decided to 'rest'. This isn't it for me, I know that... I am going to respect where my body is right now but keep on with all I need to do to be a success. This includes: Protein first, veggies/fruit after Water, water, water!!! (this is my new year's resolution as I've been sadly lacking at this!) Supplements Exercise! Keeping up my program and upping that intensity! Positive imagery- instead of 'seeing' that heavy girl start trying to see the new me No more comparisons! My habit of feeling that everyone has lost more than me is sabotaging my success. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but these are the basics. I have wow moments daily. I have boundless energy most of the time. I am healthier by far. Second to getting sober 9 years ago, this is the absolute best thing that I've done. I have a tough year ahead of me with my husband's new position and possibly being transferred, relatives staying with us for awhile, being alone with the kids alot and getting ready for plastics in the summer. But.... These are all bumps in the road in comparison to where I was when I was 97lbs heavier, with my blood pressure high, diabetes out of control, cholesterol soaring and barely the ability to walk up the stairs without dying! Not to mention the sleep apnea and depression that came with not fitting anything. No more binge eating either! Needless to say I am grateful. And I am especially grateful for all the support I have gotten from these boards. Thanks friends!
C B
on 1/4/07 2:35 pm - Houston, TX
but.. but, you look SO wonderful! we are surgery twins (same dec date, lol) - CONGRATS on ALL your hard work and success .. God bless you
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 718 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 673 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1078 views