Vitmins, pill advice, help please

CarolDE
on 1/5/07 9:37 pm
After one year, I asked the surgeon, and he said I could go to regular pill vitamins and calcium and try them out. All this time I've been with my chewables but wanted pills for convenience with other meds. Who else takes pills? How are your labs? Any problems? Thanks for your help, Carol
wantstowin2
on 1/5/07 9:54 pm - Los Angeles, CA
I am also taking chewable Flinstone's vitamins and calcium after one year. I have lots of energy still so I am afraid to change. I am 54 years old and am wondering if I need other supplements. My labs have been great and I am down 90 lbs. and am at my goal weight. Did your doctor recommend that you go on to the regular vitamins because they are better for you at this point or didn't it matter? How are you doing after one year? Thanks for posting. Janet
Diona A.
on 1/7/07 11:38 am - Miles City, MT
At one year I am taking Flinstone Complete chewables. My surgeon says that is fine or I can go to a tablet but I think I'll stay with the chewables. I also take Bariatric Advantage Opti-Epa esential oils which is a large gelcap, a multi-fiber tablet (2x day), Citrical Calcium Citrate petites (4 tablets/day), Vit C, B12, and Beta Carotine. I haven't had any problem swolling pills for about 6 months. My labs came back great. My B12 is high which he says is ok. I run alot so take the extra calcium to help build my bones. Diona
The Girl Ninja
on 1/8/07 7:33 am - Griswold, CT
At one year I still take my Optisource chewables 4x a day but swallow my calcium, zinc and biotin. I seem to be absorbing those that I swallow well enough. I'm not sure if this would apply to multi vitamins as well...
sarahj
on 1/13/07 3:55 am - Hicksville, OH
Here is what the docs attached to at St. Vincent's Baratric center in Indianapolis have us take. Daily 3 chewable flintstones complete 1500mg of calcium citrate a day has 400U of Vitamin D in each soft chew. We used to take calcium carbinate but it was recently found that citrate is better absorbed the carbontate exact kind I take is 3 citrical soft chews Weekly 100 mg B1 1000 mcg B12 sub-lingual RNY bypass the section that absorbs B12 so it has to be sub-lingual. AT my one year appt. my Vitamin D was really low, this can cause hyperparathyroidism which can cause kidney problems. I have to supliment with 50,000 units of Vitamin D for 5 days then redraw. Sarah
pettykash
on 1/22/07 11:41 pm - Galveston, TX
I take other meds in pill form. I take my vitamins in CHOCOLATE chewables so I can get my chocolate fix every day. Labs are all good. I could go to pills I think without any trouble. But I think that would lead me to CHOCOLATE trouble so I stay where I am. It would be cheaper to go with a pill but at what cost.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 718 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views