PS Insurance!! Please Help!!

CarolDE
on 4/6/07 12:47 am
I'm 16 months out and just visited the PS for the initial evaluation. Here's my insurance dilemma. Any feedback about these companies or your experiences are welcome. I currently have BCBS through Empire Blue Cross, but I'm leaving my job and the benefits end 4/30. Instead of cobra, I plan to go on my husband's insurance, Aetna HMO. I am starting a new job which will offer insurance after 90 days, so that's August. According to what I see here, and the PS office, can take 60 days to approval. I didn't want to cobra BCBS because of the money, but my history with them has been that they approve and I just don't know enough about Aetna and the new job is just too far away to know anything (I start next week so don't know about insurance yet). Help!! What should I do?? I know they are not all the same and PS says there has been dramatic cut back and only about 25% is approved now and I can't afford to do it on my own. All feedback is welcome. Thanks for your help. Carol
The Girl Ninja
on 4/16/07 10:47 pm - Griswold, CT
Unfortunately I have no experience with any of those companies- sorry! Does Aetna have a website for it's insured? You could find out what they exclude there perhaps. Maybe you can ask your husband to bring home the Aetna HMO insurance info booklet so you can get a feel for what the exclusions are? Or you can call their 800 number and try to find out that way. Good luck
Laura G.
on 5/7/07 6:38 am - Federal Way, WA
Well, I dont have very good news, Aetna sucks at PS. I dont know what I have, hmo or any but I do have Aetna, and for me I have to have hanging skin at least 6 inches, or down to the pubis area OR a uncontroalable rash that medical treatment can not fix. Dont know about arms, BUT if you go on their web site and look at their 'clinical policy bullitens' it will tell you everything you need for them to approve it. Here is my link: http://www.aetna.com/cpb/cpb_alpha.html#W for some reason (unless I am TOTALLY missing it) I can not find the plastic surgery removal for excess skin, is that a Pani removal? Maybe they are updating it to something normal that we can meet Please let me know what you find out......Please
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 717 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views