HELP

CANDICANES510
on 4/13/07 2:25 pm - LOGANVILLE, GA
Hello loves! hope you all are doing well. I am stuck, I started out at 423 AND I am down to 269. I am happy with that but I havent lost anything in months now my iron and protein are low very low even though I am eating protein fIrst and doing iron drips. what can I do to get kickstarted again? I still need to lose 70 lbs and dont want to fail. so any and all help is greatly appreciated love candy
Diona A.
on 4/15/07 2:28 am - Miles City, MT
How much protein are you getting in each day? With the malabsorption issues (which it sounds like you are having) you should get at least 100 grams a day if not more. Try adding a couple more protein drinks in each day and see if that helps. The formula for figuring out how much protein you need is: Subtract 120 from your current weight. Multiply that answer by .25 and add it to 120. Base your protein needs on that number. Extra protein is not needed for fat mass. (Sally Myers, R.D. regular contributor to WLS-related newsletter 'Beyond Change') With your numbers: 260-120 = 140 x .25 = 35 + 120 = 155 grams/day. I know it sounds like a lot! But give it a try. One bottle of Isopure (20 ounces) has 40 grams of protein. You can get that at GNC. There is also a new vial out that has 25 grams per 3 ounces. ALso make sure you are getting enough water based liquids in! Diona
pettykash
on 4/15/07 7:03 am - Galveston, TX
OK math lady....you and my grandson and the numbers. Thing is you are both ALWAYS right. I don't even try anymore I just ask him. Now if I can't find him I'll just ask you. Did mine 165-120 = 45 X .25 = 11.25 + 120 = 131.25 per day So I think I am covering that in a day easy. I still do a protein drink every morning. I have to drink tha****er or the weight won't come off. Right now being tall I am very happy where I am. When I tell people that ask I weigh 165 they don't believe me. If I don't drink the water I will not maintain and gain. It is so easy to put food into my mouth instead of a drink of water. I'll be on the water wagon the rest of my life if I intend to stay this size.
LYNN11
on 4/26/07 5:42 am - VALLEJO, CA
Wow, That seems like alot of protein, I am lucky to get in 75 to 80 grams. According to your figures I need 141 grams. I am not sure how I would get all that and keep my calorie intake down. As it is I am eating aprox 1300 to 1400 calories a day, which seems too high, I have been at a stale for 2 weeks now. But hey I will try your theory.. It couldn't hurt. Thanks alot for your advice.. Lynn
Diona A.
on 4/26/07 10:10 am - Miles City, MT
After I got to thinking about that and after a comment in my online support group, I wrote to Sally the nutritionist who was supposed to have given that information but she said it was taken out of context - that was for a 6'4" individual - so if you stay between 80-100 grams a day, you should be fine. Point is to have at least 75% protein to 25% carbs. Sally was going to check out the handbook they are using and let me know how to revamp that formula. Diona
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 717 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views