Help, I am very dissapointed!!

Sunchaser
on 8/31/07 8:49 am - Baltimore, MD
I had my surgery in December of 2005 which means in just a few months, I will be at the 2 year mark. Well, I have to say that I am very dissapointed in the results of my Lap-band surgery. Maybe it is just me, but I really have had no follow-up by the doctors office etc., and unless I make the effort to make an appointment and see the doctor myself, just no help is out there. I know that those in the area that have had lapband surgery have a support group that meets once a month. But, come on that is just not enough for those of us that still have this problem. I know that I am not eating properly, but without guidance etc., it is pretty hard to pin-point just what I am doing wrong. I do not eat anything like I used to eat and I turned 50 last November so maybe that has some bearing on why I am not losing the weight, but I have to say that I am so very frustrated. Just want to look and feel better...not happening and thought by this time, I would be down at least 60- 80 pounds and not just 40 pounds. Please, I am looking for someone to pull me out of this gutter I am lying in, maybe there is someone out there that is having the same concerns as me, but has found the answer. I am still looking for the magic pill, or something that will make me stop eating for good. Please email me back and let me know!! Carol Gondeck
dirtbikecheermom
on 9/2/07 12:27 am - Greenwood, LA
Have you tried posting on the Lap Band Board? They may be able to give you the support that you need. I had RNY so I will be of no help to you, but am hoping that you will find the support you need to be successful. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/board_id,5359/ Jodi
EeeVee
on 12/9/07 7:17 am - paradise, CA
I had surery in 2005 Feb, and though I haven't lost what I thougt I would , I lost . now it is up to us to regulare our eating and excersize program. I stilll have a 'weigh' to go, and I know it's on me and only me, All we can do is take this wonderfil tool given to us, and work with it some of us willl never ever be 'skinny'. bu healthy, yes and it's up to us to be happy with that
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 716 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 779 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1076 views