Two years out today!

orpannie
on 12/20/07 1:43 am - Albuquerque, NM
Good morning friends, This time 2 years ago, I was being wheeled into ICU, just out of surgery and with a partially collapsed lung and developing pneumonia. After 6 days in the ICU, a total of 9 days in the hospital, and 4 months of total misery, I began to feel like a human being again. Today, I celebrate the decision I made and the path I took! I am almost exactly half of my former self. I've gone from 17 prescription medicines per day plus oxygen and a Cpap machine to 4 meds, no oxygen, and no Cpap. My blood sugars are perfect, my cholesterol and triglycerides are perfect, my blood pressure is perfect, and all of my blood work is perfect. I can walk, dance, and just generally move. True, I have a lot of loose skin and many more wrinkles than I had 2 years ago, but after all, I'm about to have my 61st birthday and I've earned every one of those wrinkles. For all of you newbies out there and for all you folks trying to decide or waiting for a big date, I encourage you to be courageous and patient. It is well worth the journey! Thanks to all my OH friends for your continued support. I don't post often, but I still read the boards every day and still draw strength from you all. Have a wonderful holiday season and be good to yourselves!
sandyfeets
on 12/20/07 4:54 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
CONGRATS!!! It's my day too!!! 115# gone 6 clothing sizes... from a 32W to a 20W and still losing....slow and steady 40lbs to go!! No diabetes No hypertension from 9 medications to 2 Happy Surgiversary to ALL the DECEMBER 2002 LOSERS!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/07 11:31 am
Congrats and thanks for sharing your story and journey! It is amazing where we are two years later.......................... Merry Christmas!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 713 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 665 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 776 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1136 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1070 views