Happy Two Year Anniversay to ME!

Chocolate Angel
on 12/20/07 10:20 pm - Chicago, IL
Wow! It's hard to believe two years ago today I was in Munroe Regional Medical Center waiting for my turn for surgery. Wow! I was 337lbs at my highest with high blood pressure, borderline diabetic, sleep apnea, a size 26/28 with overall poor health at 24. Fast Forward I am misses 12 thru 18 depending on how its made. (Gotta lotta what, gotta lotta booty! ) I no longer have high blood pressure, hell sometimes I have low blood pressure. Blood sugar is normal, and I can sleep just fine. Thru the past two years, life has had its up and definitely its downs. I have battled depression, excessive drinking and even attempted suicide. However, thru it all I survived. Dammit I am here! As I head into my third year, I am stepping up my A game, I have refocused on my eating and getting back into my exercise. I must say I am very proud of what I have accomplished. This morning and everyday this week I have taken the stairs to the fifth floor where I work, not only for the exercise, but b/c I can do it without falling the fugg out...lol 2008 will be a better year no and's, if's of but's! I will maintain! I keep a picture of myself the weekend before surgery on my fridge, that way I am constantly reminded of where I came from and where I don't want to go back to. Happy Holidays!
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/07 11:34 am
Angel.............. I am so glad you are here! It is a long road to make our lives better. It is wonderful to hear about your journey. Stick around and keep in touch. Lets help each other through the rough days! Merry Christmas to the new YOU! Vicky
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 713 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 665 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 776 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1136 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1070 views