Back again

bigjoey38
on 2/4/08 10:59 am - sterling, CO
I have not been around for a while but I am back. Today I made a visit to the Drs office and had a fill. Iam up to 9cc now. Its been about a year since I went to see the doctor and I was at 8.5 cc. When he took out the fill I had I only had 8cc. Last year I weigh in at 301, today 291... I didnt really try to lose all that time, just did not want to go pass 301. On 1-15-08 I deceided to try it again. My weight was at 298 then... So here i go again.
Yolanda-180
on 2/6/08 5:06 am - Sheboygan, WI
Hi Joe, Losing weight is very hard with or without surgical assistance. for most of us the first step and the steps to keep us successful are to get our heads fixed and keep them healthy. I started counseling a year before my surgery because I know for me that I could not possibly be 330 lbs because I liked the taste of food. I am 2 years out and I finally realized that I don't like the taste of most foods. I cover them up with condiments. I like the taste of Mayo, Blue cheese dressing, butter and cake frosting. I used these things to make the food go down easier because I needed to feed something deep inside of me. I still eat the wrong things at times but now I know why. I can make a choice in my head and I have a tool that helps my body reject too much of the wrong things. I can't beleive that I'm 100 lighter than I was but I still have more to go. I will get there one day because I use my tool and my counseling (most of the time). I guess that I am trying to tell you that a psych eval may not be enough to help you reach your goal. Try counseling to see if that can help you push pass the desire to feed your body when it's not hugry. Just my thoughts. Good luck to you. Yolanda's still losing
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 716 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 779 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1076 views