5 Years out!

shoegirl1023
on 12/13/10 4:38 am - Solon, OH
This Thursday (Dec 16th) will be my 5 year re-birthday and I am proud to say it has been a wonderful and smooth journey so far. The reason being is that I have followed my program with the food, liquids, vitamins and daily excersises. I feel healthy and just overall great.

For all of you 5 years out please share your success with me I would love to hear about it.

Thanks and take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/10 4:37 am
Five years post op.  I am happy to report I am healthier, happier and enjoying life.

Losing the weight was the first step.  Learning to cope in life without food as a source of comfort was the next step.  Much harder.  Some days are better than others.  I have one of those transfer addictions so I am working on that portion of my life.

I am within five pounds of my absolute lowest weight which was 157.  My surgeon thought I should be able to get to 180.  I roam around 160 for the last three years.  I am content.

I finally started exercising this year.  I wish I had done more toning early on but it didn't happen.

I am faithful with my vitamins.  I eat protein first.  I can eat most any protein or vegetable.  I choose to avoid sugar, soda and too much fruit.  I am diabetic and still medicated but it is in very good control now.

Someday I may consider plastic surgery but it is a serious conversation.  I have healing issues and infection worries due to RNY and diabetes so it is a grave consideration in my heart.

It is a plan for life.  Stay focused on your health ~ the great shape comes along for the ride!  I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school over thirty three years ago.

I am proud to be a success story.
shoegirl1023
on 12/15/10 7:58 am - Solon, OH
Thanks for writing and congrats on your success.  Remember we are on a journey without a destination, and we just have to keep moving forward.

Good luck and here's to the next 5 years.

Take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 718 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?