Liquid Diet on Christmas for me !!!!!!!!

Cheri M.
on 10/22/05 11:30 pm - Lenoir, NC
Dec 29 is my surgery date. I have no family here with me just me and my son so I welcome any new friends that wants to be my support. I am trying real hard to be postive and wanting to come off these meds I am on. I am in Lenoir North Carolina. I am also looking for some local support groups if anyone knows where any are any.
carolina_girl
on 10/23/05 5:54 am - PELION, SC
Cheryl, Congratulations on your surgery date. Hope all goes well for you! I am scheduled for mine on 12/16 and if you are half as excited as I am you are floating about 3 ft above the ground!! I live near Columbia, SC and do not know of any support groups in your area. My surgeon has a support group that meets at the hospital once a month, so you might try checking out that avenue. BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY!! Marilyn PS Let me know how you are doing.
Anna O.
on 10/25/05 12:18 pm - Lakewood, CA
Hi I am here for you too. My surgery is sched. for Dec. 5th, so I will on the liquid diet for Thanksgiving, and guess whos house it is at this year, yep. But it was my choice not to put off the surgery until January. I figure I have had 43 Thanksgivings where I ate what I wanted (alot with guilt), next year I will be able to eat small bits of the dinner without any guilt. I love that idea! Now Christmas is something I am unsure of. I will be 3 wks out and we are traveling on the 29th by air. The doctor says I should be on soft foods by then. But I think I will take my shakes for the most part. I can't imagine dumping on the airplane or in a house full of people and only 1 bathroom. I guess it is all in the learning process. I am so happy to find others that dates are in the same time frame as mine. Hugs to you all, Anna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 717 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views