December Club :]

ermlovesyou
on 10/24/05 5:12 am - San Marino, CA
DECEMBER 15th! I'm nervous and EXCITED! Seems like forever but I know it will come before I know it! I'm having trouble telling people I am going to have the surgury. Has anyone else had this problem?
dersprokkett
on 10/24/05 8:59 am - Toledo, OH
I think about it pretty hard before I tell someone. There are family members I was reluctant to tell, bascially because they haven't been especially supportive of me just in general. I did tell them (via e-mail). Sending e-mail is a good way to let people know. There are people who don't need to know. I was out with a friend who had WLS five years ago (she lost almost 200 pounds). She's mentoring me a bit. A casual friend of hers was coincidentally in the cafe and ended up having lunch with us. My friend sort of pushed me to tell this other person. I really didn't feel like it. Not because I'm embarassed. I'm just sick of being the WLS education lady. Explaining the surgery and my reasons for having it over and over gets old pretty fast. So I reccomend e-mail. You can cc a bunch of people so you're not repeating yourself a bunch. You also have no obligation to explain yourself to people you don't know that well. The people who should know are close family, good friends and your employer. That's about it. My surgery is December 12, so you and I will be starting our recovery around the same time. Good luck -- remember to exercise, drink your water and eat your protein Oh, and I think the lot of us having surgery in December have plans to enjoy Thanksgiving. I'm making my famous brown sugar hard cider dutch apple pie. And my pumpkin pie. And homemade mashed potatoes. Turkey....yum.
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/05 1:53 pm - North Bend, OR
I too am having surg 12/20...had a hard time telling mom-in-law. She's anoexic, so really hard and very judgemental. Told her and she was very supportive, told me she had a tummy tuck back in the 70's. Still haven't told my dad, he too has an opinion about everything. He's a marathon runner after losing 250 pounds on tops. But hubby is very supportive and caring so that helps. Let me know how it goes. Brooke
Tamera
on 10/30/05 10:47 am - Sallisaw, OK
I have my surgery scheduled for December 8th and I will be on liquids for Christmas bu****ch out on Thanksgiving. I am going to enjoy. I work in a company of over 1,300 people and have only told a few but I have had people calling me and asking me how I got approved. I have a lot of people saying I don't need it but I know I do. Other's people opinions don't matter too me. Most likely any negative opinions are that they are worried that you will be more beautiful that you already are. On the other side I have a lot of support and great people in my life. I am not going into this blind, I have done my homework and like you I an nervous and excited at the same time. Good luck on your journey and see you in the Jr. dept. LOL
itzmyturn
on 10/31/05 5:05 am - Dallas, TX
Hi Brooke.. I'm having my surgery on 12-20-05 as well. Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 716 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 779 views
Happy 6th Birthday!