How long for you?

Tamera
on 10/30/05 10:40 am - Sallisaw, OK
I was just wanting to get an estimate of how long most people take off for work. I am having laproscopic RNY and didn't know if the pain was bad. I know everyone is different but was trying to get an estimate. My date is scheduled for December 8th
Anna O.
on 10/30/05 1:21 pm - Lakewood, CA
I am a Caregiver to a lady in a nursing home. I lift her heavy walker and oxygen tanks in and out of the car on a daily basis. I asked my doctor how long I would be out and he said 2 weeks if I am going to do any lifting, 1 week if it were a sit down job. So, not knowing what you do for a living, I would say 2 weeks is the most, baring complications of course. Hope this helps some Anna Surgery Date: Dec 5th, 2005
Tamera
on 11/1/05 9:57 am - Sallisaw, OK
Thanks for the reply Anna. Wishing you good luck with your Surgery and hope it goes easy and with little pain. I put in my leave for 3 weeks just to enjoy the holidays (drinking my liquids lol) with my boys.
aedwards
on 11/6/05 2:03 pm - norfolk, VA
my dr put me out of work for 3weeks, i do nursing, good luck
etrnlsprg
on 11/7/05 3:30 am - Hope Mills, NC
I am going to be out 23 days - give or take 1- I have exactly 3 weeks planned from release date out of the hospital.
Trish
on 11/8/05 4:52 pm - Stuart, FL
My surgery is on Thursday, Dec 1st and I have the enire next week off, so I will go back on the 12th. I hope that is enough because I can't really afford to take any more than that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 716 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 779 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1076 views