Getting Really Nervous

Babs30
on 11/18/05 1:40 pm - Pueblo, CO
Hi guys, MY surgery is Dec. 9th. Lately I've been really scared and thinking about all the negatives. I even had a dream that I died and my husband was left to raise my two year old. Is this normal? Anyone else going through this?
hershey dream
on 11/18/05 9:53 pm - Duluth, GA
My date is on the 5th, I had a very similar dream, but then I think....there is NO WAY my husband is gonna be left to raise my 3 year old (poor child). She needs her mommy, and I will be right there. So will you!
Babs30
on 11/18/05 11:08 pm - Pueblo, CO
Thank you. I just wanted to tell you that I read your profile and saw that you and I have a lot in common. Its nice to know that for those of us with husbands who don't support us, we can atleast turn to this site and our friends here
MsDee
on 11/24/05 2:00 pm - Round Rock, TX
Lap Band on 12/01/05 with
HD, I just read your profile and was like OMG! I feel you! God is AWESOME! I agree with you 100%!!!! Your story (as far as lack of support) - your Insurance not covering you next year and the short window of time you had to get everything done - is EXACTLY - my story!!!! I barely made it - I'm scheduled for Dec 1st... Jan 1st - it won't be covered!!! I had all of my appointments in 1 day, babysat the Dr's office and got approved the same day - I got on their nerves or they really care about the patient ( I think I got on their nerves) - anyway - I am feeling you on the "true/blue" friend - a lot of my friends have been "fair-weather" friends, who never really supported my accomplishments (unless I was buying the drinks at happy hour). One of my friends had RNY Monday - we are trying to support each other in this life change - I'm still up in the air on my feelings on how this will impact our relationship... we'll see. My Husband has started to (according to him) affectionately refer to me as "lil Kim" (because of all the plastic surgery she's had) I had a breast reduction a couple of years ago and now this, and of course he thinks this is the easy way out... and I haven't told my mother - because I can't take another negative remark... Keep in touch, Keep the faith and be prayer-full! When the praise go up, blessings come down Deauna
mroedts
on 11/18/05 10:34 pm - Sayre, PA
Hi Barb, First off good luck with your surgery! I know that it's hard for us to not be nervous and scared, but we have to think positive. My date is Dec 13th and the only thing that I am really scared about is gaining the weight back. I have been on so many weight loss programs where I lose weight and then gain it back. It's such a struggle. Take care and try to think positive. Miriam
JENNY.W
on 11/19/05 5:07 am - Eccles, WV
LOOK AT THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES THAT ALWAYS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER! WHEN YOU SEE HOW MUCH HEALTHIER AND HAPPIER THEY LOOK. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT OBESITY ALSO HAS ALOT OF RISKS. I JUST THINK OF HOW MUCH BETTER MY KIDS LIFE WILL BE WHEN I CAN GET OUT AND PLAY WITH THEM MORE AND WHEN MY BACK DOESN'T HURT TO MUCH TO GO PLACES WITH THEM. THIS SURGERY IS NOT ONLY GOING TO MAKE MY LIFE BETTER BUT IT WILL ALSO MAKE MY CHILDRENS LIFE BETTER. STAY POSITIVE YOU WILL DO GREAT!! JENNY
robinsoc140
on 11/19/05 10:37 pm - Leesburg, FL
Jenny, keep that positive attitude! Good luck to all! Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 716 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 779 views
Happy 6th Birthday!