Scheduled already !!!

almost2tired2
on 11/19/05 10:17 am - Gainesville, FL
I can't believe it!!! I started researching the Lap-Band surgery almost 3 years ago when I saw it on the Discovery Channel. The 1st surgeon I went to told me it didn't work so, they didn't do it anymore. Then I accompanied a friend that is mentally challenged for her initial consult (with a different surgeon) for an RNY, only to find the Lap Band is successful and is being done. It took me about 3 months to get the psych eval and letter from my primary care physician as required by the local surgeon. His office got me right in for the initial consultation on Nov 10th, only to be turned down because I was 7 tenths of a point under the required BMI for persons with other health issues (I had been ill and told the Doc I would bounce back up, and I have, now I'm 7 tenths+ over!!!) and the fact that I am on morphine for a back injury. I came home crying, but then I got mad and got online and found the answer...Mexico. I've researched, checked credentials, checked airfare, etc. And, even though my insurance won't pay out of the country, and I really didn't intend on spending this much money, I'm scheduled, financed and confirmed for Lap Band on Dec. 12th Yeahh !!! (That's what I looked like when I got off the phone, only rounder!!!) Needless to say, I'm on cloud 9 and can't think of anything else. It's all I talk about day and night (my poor friends)... almost2tired2 Smilz
C B
on 11/19/05 12:56 pm - Houston, TX
CONGRATS HUN! so happy to know that all is on the right track now
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 716 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 778 views
Happy 6th Birthday!