Husband and wife surgeries

satkinson
on 11/20/05 12:42 am - Council Bluffs, IA
Hello everyone. I found out this week that my surgery is scheduled for 12/6/05. My husband and I are going on this journey together and his surgery is scheduled for 1/4/06. So, we are each others angels and comforters. Right now, I am waking up each day thinking about the surgery and its changes. My husband and I are comparing our plans for post-op. We're excited about the changes and starting to tell a few family members about our plans. We're getting excellent support from them. I've scheduled my time off work. I work retail, so this will be an excellent Christmas season coming up - not to have to deal with the back pain. Congrats to all the December surgeries!
robinsoc140
on 11/20/05 1:37 am - Leesburg, FL
Stacey, how wonderful for the two of you. My husband is not having the surgery, but he is so supportive of me. I never believed he would take this way. But I know he loves me and wants to have me around for a while. Keep us posted, yours will be a very interesting case. Good luck to both of you and my prayers are with you. Carol
itzmyturn
on 11/20/05 5:17 am - Dallas, TX
Congratulations on your surgeries! My surgery is scheduled for 12-20-05 and my husband's surgery is scheduled for 1-30-06. We both have also been preparing for the changes that this surgery will bring. I think it is going to be really neat to go through this entire process together. Best wishes and speedy recovery to you both Denise
satkinson
on 11/21/05 3:19 am - Council Bluffs, IA
DENISE, I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU! I THINK IT'S GREAT THAT BOTH YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND ARE HAVING THE SURGERY TOGETHER JUST LIKE MY HUSBAND DICK AND I. WE WERE LAUGHING TOGETHER THE OTHER DAY SAYING THAT WE WONDERED WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT BEFORE WE DECIDED TO PURSUE HAVING THE SURGERIES! I WOULD LOVE TO KEEP IN TOUGH WITH YOU AFTER THE SURGERIES TO SEE HOW YOU ARE DOING AND TO LET YOU KNOW HOW OUR PROGESS IS AS WELL. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU. GOD BLESS AND HAVE A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON. STACEY
C B
on 11/20/05 1:32 pm - Houston, TX
CONGRATS to the both of you. God bless
jpete76
on 11/21/05 5:16 am - Council Bluffs, IA
Hi Stacey, Congrats on your date. My date is Dec. 7, so we will be at Alegent together. I think we was in some of those meeting on the fourth floor. I am the Black guy (so maybe you can put a face with my name). Good luck and hope eveything goes well for you and yours. Cecil
Joyce S.
on 11/23/05 7:45 am - Dennis, MA
Hi Stacey and Husband, My husband and I are also making the journey together - I had my surgery at Brigham & Womens Hospital in Boston on Nov 7 with Dr . Lautz - It's been 2 weeks - Ive lost 32 lbs so far - feeling decent - I still tire easy . My husband John is also having surgery - his is scheduled for Dec 19 same doctor ,same place. We're practically newlyweds - been married for 15 months now . We're both 55 and have so much to look forward to - especially a longer life together now. He's my best friend and the greatest supporter ever !! Soon it'll be my turn to care for and nurse him - we do everything together we can . I used to work in a Wal Mart -in the electronics dept so I know what "the season" is like in retail - what a nightmare at times ! Good Luck to you both - Keep in touch . Joyce & John
JENNY.W
on 11/25/05 3:20 am - Eccles, WV
congratulations!! it must be really nice to have someone to go through this with you!!! my husband is very supportive! but i do feel like i am driving everyone crazy talking about it. you can not understand completely unless you are going through it first hand!! it is great that you have that understanding and support!! good for you!! you and i will be having surgery on the same day. only 11 days left i am soooooooo ready!! best of luck to you!!! JENNY
TriMom217
on 11/30/05 8:03 am - Centerville, MA
Congrats to you! My husband and I are both having WLS together as well. Married for 22 years now (we were 20 when we got married!), we've done everything else together, including gaining all this weight. I am going on 12/28 and he will be a few weeks later
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 713 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 665 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 776 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1136 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1070 views